Odessa Loses on Last Second Goal, 4-3
ODESSA, TX - Despite outshooting the Allen Americans 43-25, the Odessa Jackalopes lost their fifth straight game by a 4-3 final on Saturday night at the Ector County Coliseum. Nino Musitelli scored the game-winner with 1.3 seconds remaining in regulation for the Americans to deflate a crowd of 4,205.
Musitelli's wrist shot in the right circle came on a loose puck from a crowd in front of the net. The clinching goal was his second of the game and also extended his point streak to a league-high 11 games.
The tally also capped off an eventful third period which saw the Americans (10-2-0) jump out to a 3-2 lead before Odessa's Todd Robinson tied it, with just over a minute remaining, on a power play goal from the front of the net.
The Jackalopes (2-8-0) started the games scoring six minutes into the contest as Mike Ramsay connected for his third goal of the season on a two-man breakaway with Sebastien Thinel, who added as assist on the goal. Dave Bonk knotted the game with a power play goal from the left point with less than two minutes to play in the frame.
The two teams traded goals in the second period as Odessa took the lead once again with a goal from Mike Lesperance, who scored on a rebound in the left circle. The Americans would pull even when Musitelli scored first goal along the left side of the net with a one-time shot. The goal came courtesy of a two-man advantage for Allen.
Adrien LeMay stopped 40 shots in the win for Allen, while Odessa's Joel Martin put together a 21 save effort. The loss leaves the Jackalopes 0-4-1 in their last five games.
The two teams meet again on Sunday to close out a three-game weekend. Puck drop is slated for 4:05 PM CST and the action can be heard on Classic Rock 102.1 FM.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team will begin its 14th season in the Permian Basin in October 2010. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 13, 2010
- RiverKings Ground Eagles in Colorado - Mississippi RiverKings
- RiverKings Continue Reign Over Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Mavericks Outlast Komets, 2-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mudbugs March Past Bucks on Military Appreciation Night - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Point Earned In Shootout Against Bees - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Killer Bees Drop Brahmas In Shootout - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Thunder defeats Thunder 3-2 in Shootout - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Odessa Loses on Last Second Goal, 4-3 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Sundogs Earn Point in Second Straight Game, Fall to Quad City, 2-1, in Overtime - Arizona Sundogs
- Mallards Down Arizona 2-1 - Quad City Mallards
- Gems Win Third Straight 2-1 Over Evansville - Dayton Gems
- Thunder Edged in Shootout - Wichita Thunder
- Bucks Fall in Bossier 5-1 - Laredo Bucks
- Weekend Preview- Gems Seek 3rd Straight Win Tonight - Dayton Gems
- Mudbugs to Honor Military, Face Bucks Tonight - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Rush to Host Oilers Tonight at the Civic Center - Rapid City Rush
- Bucks in Bossier Tonight - Laredo Bucks
- Rapid City Rushed By RiverKings 4-2 - Mississippi RiverKings
- Rush Double up RiverKings with 4-2 Victory - Rapid City Rush
- Eagles Slipped Up By Oilers in SO; Colorado Gets Point as Winning Streak's Stopped - Colorado Eagles
- Mudbugs Win Battle of the Bad Bounces - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Third period surge gives Texas win - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Gems Burn Sundogs With 4-3 Shootout Win - Dayton Gems
- Jacks Lose a Late One to Texas, 4-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.