Jacks Lose a Late One to Texas, 4-1
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, TX - The Texas Brahmas scored a pair of goals in the first three minutes of the third period to erase a 1-0 lead by the Odessa Jackalopes, and never looked back, in a 4-1 win on Friday night at the NYTEX Sports Centre.
Calin Wild scored the first goal for the Brahmas just 39 seconds into the third period. Jim Burichin put the go-ahead marker home at 2:49 on a centering feed from Steven Later in the left-wing corner.
Odessa (2-7-1) opened up the game's scoring with their only goal of the contest 4:05 into the opening frame. After Morgan MacLean forced a turnover at the Texas blueline, Jeff Pierce placed a wrist shot from the right circle into the top, right corner of the net for a 1-0, Jackalopes lead. The goal was Pierce's third of the season.
The assist gave MacLean a point in his first game back with Odessa since returning from the 10-day IR.
The lead would hold up until the third period began and Texas (5-3-1) turned the tides with their early goals. Tyler Allen extended the Brahmas' lead to 3-1 on a loose puck in front of the net. Mick Lawrence added an empty-net marker with a minute to play to cement the 4-1 final.
Michel Robinson put up 32 saves in his second appearance of the season for the Jackalopes, while Kevin Beech gave the Brahmas a 31-save performance in the win.
Odessa continues their three-game weekend on Saturday when they host the Allen Americans at 7:05 PM CST. It will be the first meeting between the two clubs since game seven of last year's Southern Conference Finals, when Allen eliminated Odessa from postseason play.
The action can be heard live on Classic Rock 102.1 FM.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team will begin its 14th season in the Permian Basin in October 2010. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
Follow the Jackalopes all year long on Facebook and Twitter -- Twitter.com/ODEJackalopes.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 13, 2010
- RiverKings Ground Eagles in Colorado - Mississippi RiverKings
- RiverKings Continue Reign Over Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Mavericks Outlast Komets, 2-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mudbugs March Past Bucks on Military Appreciation Night - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Point Earned In Shootout Against Bees - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Killer Bees Drop Brahmas In Shootout - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Thunder defeats Thunder 3-2 in Shootout - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Odessa Loses on Last Second Goal, 4-3 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Sundogs Earn Point in Second Straight Game, Fall to Quad City, 2-1, in Overtime - Arizona Sundogs
- Mallards Down Arizona 2-1 - Quad City Mallards
- Gems Win Third Straight 2-1 Over Evansville - Dayton Gems
- Thunder Edged in Shootout - Wichita Thunder
- Bucks Fall in Bossier 5-1 - Laredo Bucks
- Weekend Preview- Gems Seek 3rd Straight Win Tonight - Dayton Gems
- Mudbugs to Honor Military, Face Bucks Tonight - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Rush to Host Oilers Tonight at the Civic Center - Rapid City Rush
- Bucks in Bossier Tonight - Laredo Bucks
- Rapid City Rushed By RiverKings 4-2 - Mississippi RiverKings
- Rush Double up RiverKings with 4-2 Victory - Rapid City Rush
- Eagles Slipped Up By Oilers in SO; Colorado Gets Point as Winning Streak's Stopped - Colorado Eagles
- Mudbugs Win Battle of the Bad Bounces - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Third period surge gives Texas win - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Gems Burn Sundogs With 4-3 Shootout Win - Dayton Gems
- Jacks Lose a Late One to Texas, 4-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.