Northwoods League Announces 2019 All-Star Selections
Rochester, Minn -- The Northwoods League has announced the rosters for the 2019 Northwoods League All-Star Game, which will be played on Tuesday, July 16 at 7:05 p.m. (CST) at Cost Cutters Field at Riverfront Stadium in Waterloo, Iowa.
In the Great Lakes Division, the First-Half Great Lakes West Champion Madison Mallards have eight players on the roster. Madison is led by Justice Bigbie (Western Carolina University). Bigbie is hitting .353 with eight home runs, 13 doubles and 39 RBI. On the mound, Mallard Lowell Schipper (University of Richmond) has four wins and 35 strikeouts in 31.0 innings pitched. He has a 2.32 ERA in six appearances.
In the Great Plains Division, the Eau Claire Express and the Rochester Honkers have five selections each. The First-Half Great Plains East Champion Waterloo Bucks and the First-Half Great Plains West Champion Willmar Stingers have three selections each.
The All-Stars from the Express are powered by infielder Matt Bottcher (University of Illinois at Chicago). Bottcher is hitting .389 with six doubles, 20 runs scored and 21 RBI. On the mound, the Express are led by Noah DeNoyer (San Joaquin Delta College). DeNoyer has two wins and 19 strikeouts in 16.0 innings pitched and has a sparkling 1.12 ERA.
The contingent of All-Stars from Rochester features first baseman Tristan Peterson (New Mexico State University) and shortstop Evan Berkey (California State University, Bakersfield). Peterson is currently hitting .318 with six home runs, nine doubles, one triple and 24 RBI. Berkey is having an impressive season as well at the plate. Across 28 games he is hitting .336 with 15 runs scored, six stolen bases and 11 RBI.
Field Manager Donnie Scott and his coaching staff from the Madison Mallards will be in the dugout for the South. The First-half Great Lakes West Division Champion Mallards currently have a 25-13 overall record.
Willmar Field Manager Bo Henning and his staff will manage the Great Plains All-Stars. The First-Half Great Plains West Division Champion Stingers currently have a 22-16 overall record.
This year's All-Stars were chosen in a vote by the 22 member teams of the Northwoods League. Ballots were cast by each team's field staff and media contacts.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 5, 2019
- Eide Ford Lincoln Celebrates Veterans - Bismarck Larks
- MoonDogs Sweep Larks in Independence Day Doubleheader - Mankato MoonDogs
- Growlers Squish Bombers in I-94 Doubleheader Sweep - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Lesley Dazzles as MoonDogs Take Game Three from Larks - Mankato MoonDogs
- Bucks Doused 1-0 in Rain-Shortened Game - Waterloo Bucks
- Rox Defeat Stingers at the Rock Pile on Walk-Off - St. Cloud Rox
- Jack Mahoney Throws No-Hitter in Win Versus Rockford - Green Bay Booyah
- Mallards Lose on Walk-Off Grand Slam - Madison Mallards
- Eight-Game Streak Ends in Fond Du Lac - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Brandon Seltzer Belts Walk-Off Grand Slam to Defeat Madison Mallards - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Huskies Lose 10-7 in Wild Friday Night Contest - Duluth Huskies
- Seventh Inning Rally Leads to a Dock Spiders Victory - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Battle Creek Comeback Falls Short in Traverse City - Battle Creek Bombers
- Jones Fires Pit Spitters to Fourteenth Straight Victory - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Four Rafters Named Northwoods League All-Stars - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rafters Start Road Trip in Fond Du Lac - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Three Rox Players Named to 2019 Northwoods League All-Star Game - St. Cloud Rox
- Huskies go 3-4 over week six - Duluth Huskies
- Tanner Lane Earns All-Star Bid for Green Bay - Green Bay Booyah
- Four Bucks Named NWL All-Stars - Waterloo Bucks
- Holgate, Freilich Named to 2019 Northwoods League All-Star Team - La Crosse Loggers
- Three Woodchucks Selected to Play in the 2019 Northwoods League All-Star Game - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Nine Mallards Selected to 2019 Northwoods League All-Star Game - Madison Mallards
- Five Honkers Named All-Stars - Rochester Honkers
- Northwoods League Announces 2019 All-Star Selections - Duluth Huskies
- Northwoods League Announces 2019 All-Star Selections - Northwoods
- Bullock and Adreon to Represent Dock Spiders at NWL All-Star Game - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Loggers Offense Explodes on Independence Day - La Crosse Loggers
- Battle Creek Falls in Fourth of July Doubleheader - Battle Creek Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.