Jack Mahoney Throws No-Hitter in Win Versus Rockford
Ashwaubenon, WI - Appleton West product Jack Mahoney came out and mesmerized fans and hitters as he threw the first no-hitter in Capital Credit Union Park history on Friday night as Green Bay picked up their second win of the second half in a 5-0 victory.
"A lot of nerves and emotions tonight, but at the end of the day, I had a great defense behind me and Brady [West] called a great game." Mahoney said. "Through the fifth inning, you say you're throwing a good game, but once you hit the seventh that's when it truly kicks in."
In the no-hitter for Mahoney, he finished with only three walks while striking out nine Rockford hitters. Pitching coach Mark Hernandez could tell Mahoney was ready to go from the start.
"He's been locked in for this start for the past four days. There was absolutely something different about his stuff today and his whole process throughout the entire week led up to this type of performance." Hernandez said.
Behind the plate, catcher Brady West helped in calling the game, but also at the dish, going 2-4 on the day with two RBIs.
"We had a great game plan going into the game and Jack went out and executed with the juice he had today." West said. "We both were pretty locked in and we tried to stay strong with the fastball against all the lefties and that's what really helped us tonight."
On a special night for Mahoney, Green Bay played an all-around game on both ends. The Booyah scored five runs off of eight hits with big performances at the plate from West and Jacob Buchberger. Both West and Buchberger finished the day with two hits and two RBIs.
Green Bay picks back up tomorrow at home against Rockford in game two of the two game set against the Rivets. Chris Jefferson takes the mound for Green Bay as the Booyah look to sweep.
Capital Credit Union Park features over 1,500 free parking spots within a 5 minute walk. Visit booyahbaseball.com for details.
Images from this story
Green Bay Booyah pitcher Jack Mahoney
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 5, 2019
- Eide Ford Lincoln Celebrates Veterans - Bismarck Larks
- MoonDogs Sweep Larks in Independence Day Doubleheader - Mankato MoonDogs
- Growlers Squish Bombers in I-94 Doubleheader Sweep - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Lesley Dazzles as MoonDogs Take Game Three from Larks - Mankato MoonDogs
- Bucks Doused 1-0 in Rain-Shortened Game - Waterloo Bucks
- Rox Defeat Stingers at the Rock Pile on Walk-Off - St. Cloud Rox
- Jack Mahoney Throws No-Hitter in Win Versus Rockford - Green Bay Booyah
- Mallards Lose on Walk-Off Grand Slam - Madison Mallards
- Eight-Game Streak Ends in Fond Du Lac - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Brandon Seltzer Belts Walk-Off Grand Slam to Defeat Madison Mallards - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Huskies Lose 10-7 in Wild Friday Night Contest - Duluth Huskies
- Seventh Inning Rally Leads to a Dock Spiders Victory - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Battle Creek Comeback Falls Short in Traverse City - Battle Creek Bombers
- Jones Fires Pit Spitters to Fourteenth Straight Victory - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Four Rafters Named Northwoods League All-Stars - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rafters Start Road Trip in Fond Du Lac - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Three Rox Players Named to 2019 Northwoods League All-Star Game - St. Cloud Rox
- Huskies go 3-4 over week six - Duluth Huskies
- Tanner Lane Earns All-Star Bid for Green Bay - Green Bay Booyah
- Four Bucks Named NWL All-Stars - Waterloo Bucks
- Holgate, Freilich Named to 2019 Northwoods League All-Star Team - La Crosse Loggers
- Three Woodchucks Selected to Play in the 2019 Northwoods League All-Star Game - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Nine Mallards Selected to 2019 Northwoods League All-Star Game - Madison Mallards
- Five Honkers Named All-Stars - Rochester Honkers
- Northwoods League Announces 2019 All-Star Selections - Duluth Huskies
- Northwoods League Announces 2019 All-Star Selections - Northwoods
- Bullock and Adreon to Represent Dock Spiders at NWL All-Star Game - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Loggers Offense Explodes on Independence Day - La Crosse Loggers
- Battle Creek Falls in Fourth of July Doubleheader - Battle Creek Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Booyah Stories
- Booyah and Beer Pick-Up Special for Saturday, October 24th
- Special Rocky's Kid's Pack Available Now
- Green Bay BOO-Yah to Host Halloween Trick-Or-Treat Event at Capital Credit Union Park
- Booyah Succeed at Providing Community with Safe Summer Entertainment
- Green Bay Booyah to Host Wine Dinner September 17th