Loggers Offense Explodes on Independence Day
EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - The La Crosse Loggers collected 14 hits, including home runs by Tony Bullard and Trey Harris, as the Lumbermen went on the road to bring home an 11-5 win over the Eau Claire Express in front of 2,524 fans at Carson Park.
Bullard (Arizona) put an exclamation point on a five-run fourth inning for the Loggers (18-20, 1-1) with a three-run home run on the first pitch of his at-bat versus Express (20-18, 1-1) starter Tanner Kohlhepp. JT Schwartz (UCLA) and Ryan Holgate (Arizona) each had RBI base hits in the inning as La Crosse jumped out to a 6-0 lead.
Eau Claire closed the margin to 7-5 with a pair of runs in both the fourth and sixth innings, but Harris (Arkansas) helped provide some breathing room with a two-run home run in the top of the eighth inning. Harris raised his season average to .364 with a 4-for-5 day at the plate. Lalo Porras (Lewis Clark State) earned the win for the Loggers, scattering three hits and two runs across five innings pitched.
With his 4-for-4 performance, Bullard raised his season average to .483, while Holgate and Kyson Donahue (Arizona) each had two hits on the day. Holgate's RBI single gives him 31 for the season, good for third in the Northwoods League.
The Loggers return home for a Friday-Saturday series against the Thunder Bay Border Cats (14-23, 0-2). Tonight's game is a 7:05 pm first pitch, with a postgame fireworks extravaganza thanks to Edwards Investments.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 5, 2019
- Eide Ford Lincoln Celebrates Veterans - Bismarck Larks
- MoonDogs Sweep Larks in Independence Day Doubleheader - Mankato MoonDogs
- Growlers Squish Bombers in I-94 Doubleheader Sweep - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Lesley Dazzles as MoonDogs Take Game Three from Larks - Mankato MoonDogs
- Bucks Doused 1-0 in Rain-Shortened Game - Waterloo Bucks
- Rox Defeat Stingers at the Rock Pile on Walk-Off - St. Cloud Rox
- Jack Mahoney Throws No-Hitter in Win Versus Rockford - Green Bay Booyah
- Mallards Lose on Walk-Off Grand Slam - Madison Mallards
- Eight-Game Streak Ends in Fond Du Lac - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Brandon Seltzer Belts Walk-Off Grand Slam to Defeat Madison Mallards - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Huskies Lose 10-7 in Wild Friday Night Contest - Duluth Huskies
- Seventh Inning Rally Leads to a Dock Spiders Victory - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Battle Creek Comeback Falls Short in Traverse City - Battle Creek Bombers
- Jones Fires Pit Spitters to Fourteenth Straight Victory - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Four Rafters Named Northwoods League All-Stars - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Rafters Start Road Trip in Fond Du Lac - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Three Rox Players Named to 2019 Northwoods League All-Star Game - St. Cloud Rox
- Huskies go 3-4 over week six - Duluth Huskies
- Tanner Lane Earns All-Star Bid for Green Bay - Green Bay Booyah
- Four Bucks Named NWL All-Stars - Waterloo Bucks
- Holgate, Freilich Named to 2019 Northwoods League All-Star Team - La Crosse Loggers
- Three Woodchucks Selected to Play in the 2019 Northwoods League All-Star Game - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Nine Mallards Selected to 2019 Northwoods League All-Star Game - Madison Mallards
- Five Honkers Named All-Stars - Rochester Honkers
- Northwoods League Announces 2019 All-Star Selections - Duluth Huskies
- Northwoods League Announces 2019 All-Star Selections - Northwoods
- Bullock and Adreon to Represent Dock Spiders at NWL All-Star Game - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Loggers Offense Explodes on Independence Day - La Crosse Loggers
- Battle Creek Falls in Fourth of July Doubleheader - Battle Creek Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent La Crosse Loggers Stories
- Loggers Pitching Blanks Booyah in 3-0 Win
- Loggers Suffer 12-5 Loss against the Dock Spiders
- Late Loggers Rally Falls Short in 10-7 Loss to Fond du Lac
- Loggers Hold on for Back-And-Forth 7-6 Win over Booyah
- Loggers Rally for Wild Pitch Walkoff in 11 Innings vs. Booyah