New Solar Bears Mobile App Now Available
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears have announced that the team's new mobile app for Apple and Android devices is now available for download in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. Due to the team's previous app company ceasing operations effective January 31, the Solar Bears have partnered with FanMaker, which counts the NHL's Minnesota Wild and Nashville Predators, along with Florida State University athletics among its clients to develop the team's new app. The new mobile app can be downloaded at https://solarbearsapp.com or by searching the Apple App Store and/or Google Play Store for the "Orlando Solar Bears Official Mobile App."
The new app is designed to specifically house the team's popular Loyalty & Rewards program implemented in the previous version of the Solar Bears app, with easy ways for fans to earn points which can be redeemed for prizes that include player cards, autographed items, merchandise, experiences and more. The app will no longer be used to access the team roster, news or mobile ticketing platform. Fans who wish to access their tickets on their mobile devices can still continue to do so using the Ticketmaster app or through their mobile web browsers.
In order for users to begin using the new app with their points accumulated from the previous version, users will need to download the latest version of the app and use the same e-mail address from their accounts on the old app. Users who previously used their Facebook accounts to login to the old app will be able to login using the e-mail address associated with their Facebook accounts. Users will be prompted to create a new password for their account. Fans who update to the new app will receive 50 Loyalty & Rewards points.
Users will be able to accumulate points through a variety of actions, including attending Solar Bears home games. Fans must now have location services turned on in the app in order to receive points for attending games and other team events, as the prior method of QR codes will no longer be utilized to earn points. Once a user has entered the venue, they will be able to receive points upon opening the app.
Fans will be able to redeem points accrued through the Loyalty & Rewards program on their own within the app. Items redeemed through the points system will be available for pick-up at guest assistance during Solar Bears home games. Any user picking up an item will be required to give their first and last name to the Solar Bears account representative at guest assistance in order to receive their rewards.
Any users experiencing issues with the new Solar Bears mobile app are encouraged to call the Solar Bears executive offices at (407) 951-8200. For more information, please visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com/app.
NEXT GAMES: The Solar Bears remain on the road but stay in the Sunshine State when they face the Florida Everblades on Wednesday, Feb. 13 at 7:30 p.m. at Hertz Arena. Orlando's next home game is Single & Mingle Night against the Icemen on Friday, Feb. 15 at 7 p.m. CLICK HERE to purchase a Single & Mingle Night package that includes a ticket to the game, one drink ticket and access to an exclusive Single & Mingle pregame mixer before the game.
Fighting Four Packs Presented by CenturyLink:
Gear up for the second half of the 2018-19 season with a Fighting Four Pack, presented by CenturyLink! Pick any four remaining home games and get $65 dollars in gift certificates to Dick's Sporting Goods, First Watch, QDOBA Mexican Eats and a FREE center ice ticket to the Saturday, Feb. 23 game against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits, part of Hockey Fights Cancer Weekend, presented by XYMOPrint. Packs start as low as $69.99.
2018-19 Season Presented by XYMOPrint:
The 2018-19 Orlando Solar Bears season is presented by XYMOPrint, Orlando's digital printing experts. As a special offer, fans who call XYMOPrint at (888) 223-9390 from now until June 15, 2019 and reference the Solar Bears will receive 30% off their first order of 500 business cards.
2018-19 Single-Game Tickets Now on Sale:
Single-game tickets for the Orlando Solar Bears 2018-19 regular season home schedule are now on sale! Fans can purchase single-game tickets for as little as $15 at the Amway Center box office, or online at Ticketmaster.com.
2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships:
Season Ticket Memberships for the seventh season of ECHL Orlando Solar Bears hockey are now on sale. Full and Half-Season memberships are both available, starting as low as $270. For more information, call (407) 951-8200 or visit orlandosolarbearshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 12, 2019
- Oilers Claim OT Win in Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Thomas Leads Oilers to Dramatic OT Win in Wichita - Tulsa Oilers
- Henrik Samuelsson Returns to Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans and Chili's of Allen to Hold Coat Drive Throughout the Rest of the Month - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - February 12 - ECHL
- Hensick to San Jose - Toledo Walleye
- Thunder Raise More Than $7,500 to Donate to Mission 22 - Adirondack Thunder
- Nailers Receive Brown & Spinozzi from Penguins - Wheeling Nailers
- Lightning Reassign Tammela to Syracuse Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- Atlanta's MacDonald Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- MacDonald Named Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gardiner Recalled to Utica - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wednesday's Home Game vs. Newfoundland Postponed to Thursday - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mariners Acquire Couturier from Wheeling - Maine Mariners
- Ouellette Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Orlando Solar Bears
- Orlando's Ouellette Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Beef, Sockets and Coolers as Steelheads Return Home this Week - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Weekly Report - February 12 - South Carolina Stingrays
- New Solar Bears Mobile App Now Available - Orlando Solar Bears
- Downing Assigned to 'Blades from Springfield of AHL - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.