MacDonald Named Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week
PRINCETON, N.J. - Forward Justin MacDonald has been selected as the Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week for the week of Feb. 4-10.
MacDonald scored three goals and added five assists, for eight points in four games, last week as the Gladiators extended their club-record point streak to 13 games (11-0-2). The 28-year-old had a pair of assists in a 4-3 overtime loss at Greenville on Monday, tallied a goal and an assist in a 6-5 win against South Carolina on Thursday, recorded the game-winning overtime goal in a 2-1 victory over the Stingrays on Friday, and had a goal and two assists in a 4-1 win at Norfolk on Saturday.
A native of Newmarket, Ontario, MacDonald has posted 32 points (14g-18a) in 33 games with the Gladiators this season and enters this week on a seven-game point streak, over which he has recorded 12 points (3g-9a). The eight-year pro has had a breakout season this year setting career highs in goals, assists, and points. MacDonald has tallied 82 points (38g-44a) in 150 career ECHL games with Atlanta, Adirondack, Fort Wayne, Indy, Cincinnati and Evansville. He has an additional 108 points (48g-60a) in 166 career games in the Southern Professional Hockey League with Evansville, Mississippi, Pensacola, Augusta and Fayetteville.
On behalf of Justin MacDonald, a case of pucks will be donated to an Atlanta youth hockey organization by Inglasco, the exclusive puck supplier of the ECHL. Since beginning its sponsorship of the award in 2000-01, Inglasco has donated more than 39,000 pucks to youth hockey organizations in ECHL cities.
The 16th season of Atlanta Gladiators hockey continues at the Infinite Energy Arena Thursday, February 14th against the Newfoundland Growlers at 7:35pm. For ticket information, visit the official team website at www.atlantagladiators.com or call the main office line at 770-497-5100.
The Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the nation's premier "AA" hockey league. All home games are played at the 9,119-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth - where parking is always free. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for affordable and family-friendly sports entertainment and are consistently ranked as one of the top "Things To Do" in the Atlanta area and across the North Georgia region.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 12, 2019
- Oilers Claim OT Win in Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Thomas Leads Oilers to Dramatic OT Win in Wichita - Tulsa Oilers
- Henrik Samuelsson Returns to Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans and Chili's of Allen to Hold Coat Drive Throughout the Rest of the Month - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - February 12 - ECHL
- Hensick to San Jose - Toledo Walleye
- Thunder Raise More Than $7,500 to Donate to Mission 22 - Adirondack Thunder
- Nailers Receive Brown & Spinozzi from Penguins - Wheeling Nailers
- Lightning Reassign Tammela to Syracuse Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- Atlanta's MacDonald Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- MacDonald Named Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gardiner Recalled to Utica - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wednesday's Home Game vs. Newfoundland Postponed to Thursday - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mariners Acquire Couturier from Wheeling - Maine Mariners
- Ouellette Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Orlando Solar Bears
- Orlando's Ouellette Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Beef, Sockets and Coolers as Steelheads Return Home this Week - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Weekly Report - February 12 - South Carolina Stingrays
- New Solar Bears Mobile App Now Available - Orlando Solar Bears
- Downing Assigned to 'Blades from Springfield of AHL - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.