Wednesday's Home Game vs. Newfoundland Postponed to Thursday
DULUTH, G.A. - The Atlanta Gladiators announced Tuesday that the home game against Newfoundland, scheduled for Wednesday, February 13th at 7:35 pm, will now be played on Thursday, February 14th at 7:35 pm due to flight cancelations and unforeseen weather in Canada preventing the Growlers from arriving in time for the originally scheduled contest.
"We apologize for the inconvenience, however, the Growlers will not physically be able to arrive in time for the game on Wednesday due to weather-related travel issues. We have no other option but to move the game to the following night," said Team President Scott Henrichsen.
Any ticket purchased for the game on the Wednesday, February 13th will be valid for use on Thursday, February 14th. If you have any questions regarding this postponement or ticket issues, please call the Gladiators front office at 770-497-5100.
The Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the nation's premier "AA" hockey league. All home games are played at the 9,119-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth - where parking is always free. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for affordable and family-friendly sports entertainment and are consistently ranked as one of the top "Things To Do" in the Atlanta area and across the North Georgia region.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 12, 2019
- Oilers Claim OT Win in Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Thomas Leads Oilers to Dramatic OT Win in Wichita - Tulsa Oilers
- Henrik Samuelsson Returns to Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Americans and Chili's of Allen to Hold Coat Drive Throughout the Rest of the Month - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - February 12 - ECHL
- Hensick to San Jose - Toledo Walleye
- Thunder Raise More Than $7,500 to Donate to Mission 22 - Adirondack Thunder
- Nailers Receive Brown & Spinozzi from Penguins - Wheeling Nailers
- Lightning Reassign Tammela to Syracuse Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- Atlanta's MacDonald Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- MacDonald Named Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week - Atlanta Gladiators
- Gardiner Recalled to Utica - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wednesday's Home Game vs. Newfoundland Postponed to Thursday - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mariners Acquire Couturier from Wheeling - Maine Mariners
- Ouellette Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Orlando Solar Bears
- Orlando's Ouellette Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Beef, Sockets and Coolers as Steelheads Return Home this Week - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Weekly Report - February 12 - South Carolina Stingrays
- New Solar Bears Mobile App Now Available - Orlando Solar Bears
- Downing Assigned to 'Blades from Springfield of AHL - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta Gladiators Stories
- Atlanta Improves Point Streak to Five Games with 2-1 Home Win over the Admirals
- Atlanta Earns Huge Point as They Fall to Everblades in Shootout
- Atlanta Erases Three Goal Deficit and Takes Win in Epic 11-Round Shootout
- Former NHLer Jared Ross Re-Signs with Atlanta
- Gladiators and Georgia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce to Host MLS VIP Experience