Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (26-39) vs. Las Vegas Aviators (35-31)
Game #66: Nashville Sounds (26-39) vs. Las Vegas Aviators (35-31)
Pitching Matchup: RHP Esmerling Vásquez (1-0, 0.00) vs. LHP Tyler Alexander (2-3, 6.24)
First Pitch: 7:05 CST
Radio: 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
At the Park
Gates open at 6:00 p.m.
Throwback Thursday presented by Budweiser - the Sounds will wear throwback uniforms to commemorate the team's original uniform style from 1978. Fans can purchase Pepsi fountain soda and Budweiser products at a discounted rate.
From the Notes
Welcome Back Willie: Willie Calhoun begins a rehab assignement for Texas in tonight's game after being on the injured list since May 22 due to a left quad strain. Calhoun was recalled to Texas on May 15 and hit very well in six games with the Rangers, hitting .435 (10-for-23) with 2 homers and 7 RBI. He comes back to Nashville owning a 15-game hitting streak, which is second to Hunter Cole on the team.
Shut 'em Out: Wednesday night's game was one of Nashville's best pitching performances of the season. The Sounds shutout the Aviators 2-0 and held Las Vegas hitters to 2 hits. Tim Dillard threw 5.2 shutout innings to earn his 5th win of the season, followed by Locke St. John, Jake Lemoine and Josh Fields to close it out. The 2 hits allowed were the lowest of the season for Nashville and was the second shutout by the Sounds' pitching staff this season, and the second in their last three games (June 9 at Tacoma).
Thou Shall Not Steal: Jett Bandy caught another base stealer last night, giving him 12 on the season. He is one-of-five catchers with at least 10 caught stealers in the Pacific Coast League, and ranks second to Memphis' Andrew Knizner (caught 17-of-32 base stealers, 53.1%). Bandy leads all Nashville catchers in caught stealer percentage (12-for-37, 32.4%).
Team-High Streak: Matt Davidson collected a hit in the homestand opener on Wednesday and extended his on-base streak to 18 games - Nashville's longest of the season. He's hitting .273 (18-for-66) with 9 runs scored, 4 doubles, 3 home runs, 14 RBI and 12 walks with a .407 on-base percentage during the streak. El Paso's Ty France has the longest active streak in the PCL at 24 games.
Keep it Short: Wednesday night's homestand opener was the shortest nine-inning game for Nashville this season, finishing the game in 2 hours and 19 minutes. The pace beat the previous season-low by 11 minutes when Nashville played in Memphis on May 13, where the Sounds won 5-3.
What's the word around Nashville?
Loveless Café (@LovelessCafe)
.@nashvillesounds home game tonight! Did you know you might win Loveless Cafe Biscuit Mix at every home game this year? Details: lovelesscafe.com/happenings/fre...
Nashville Sounds Foundation (@soundscommunity)
We had a great morning at @VUMCchildren! Thanks for letting us meet a bunch of new friends ????
#SoundsGood #SoundsRemastered | @nashvillesounds
Nashville Ledger (@nvilleledger)
'I don't care if I never get back': A day in the life of the Nashville Sounds, First Tennessee Park @nashvillesounds ow.ly/zUmT50uDmlG
FOX Sports Southwest (@FOXSportsSW)
Good news, @Rangers fans!
@11WillieCalhoun is "chomping at the bit" to get back to the Majors and will start his rehab assignment today.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 13, 2019
- Sounds Commit Four Errors in Loss to Las Vegas - Nashville Sounds
- Slugfest Goes to Salt Lake, 13-11 - Memphis Redbirds
- Hiura's Career Night Leads Flying Chanclas to Rout of Rainiers - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (26-39) vs. Las Vegas Aviators (35-31) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Flying Chanclas de San Antonio vs. Tacoma Rainiers - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 13, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (28-38) vs Salt Lake Bees (29-35) - Memphis Redbirds
- Three-Millionth Fan Expected to Attend Chihuahuas Game this Homestand - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Game Notes at Round Rock - Reno Aces
- Green, 'Cats Down Chasers 5-4 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Houston Astros C Max Stassi Joins Round Rock Express on Major League Rehab Assignment - Round Rock Express
- Pacific Coast League All-Star Fan Vote Update - PCL
- Winning with Strong Pitching - San Antonio Missions
- Grizzlies slash seven doubles in 7-6 victory over Cubs - Fresno Grizzlies
- Green's two homers lift River Cats to victory - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas' Bats Have Just Enough to Outlast New Orleans - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Fresno Uses a Big Inning to Edge Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Dodgers Start Road Trip with Offensive Onslaught - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Chihuahuas Nip 'Cakes 10-9 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Express Come Back in Dramatic 9-8 Walkoff Victory - Round Rock Express
- Aces Drop Heartbreaker, Lose 9-8 - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Drop First Game of Homestand - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Defending National Champion Commodores Set to Play Two Games at First Horizon Park
- Sounds to Host Texas Rangers Winter Caravan at Ole Smoky Distillery & Yee-Haw Brewing Co. Tomorrow
- Group Outings for 2020 Season On-Sale Now
- Sounds to Host Texas Rangers Winter Caravan at Ole Smoky Distillery & Yee-Haw Brewing Co. at 6th and Peabody on January 29
- Nashville Sounds Foundation Now Accepting Applications for 2020 Scholarship Program