Aces Drop Heartbreaker, Lose 9-8
Round Rock, Texas - The Round Rock Express defeated the Reno Aces in game one of the three-game series in Texas tonight in walk-off fashion. With a three-run lead entering the eighth inning, the Aces allowed three runs in the eighth inning and a run in the ninth inning to lose by a score of 9 to 8. Right-hander Joey Krehbiel allowed three runs on three hits in the eighth, picking up his third blown save of the season. Anthony Vasquez walked two batters in the ninth and a game-winning single off the bat of Nick Tainelu. The loss drops Reno to a record of 28-37 on the season and 0-1 to start the seven-game road trip. Jake Lamb finished 1-for-4 with two runs scored in his third rehab appearance with Reno. The Aces and Express will play game two from Dell Diamond tomorrow night with the first pitch scheduled for 5:05 p.m PDT.
Top Performers - Reno
- Yasmany Tomas (3-for-4, HR, 3 R)
- Wyatt Mathisen (2-for-2, HR)
- Jake Lamb (1-for-4, 2 R)
Top Performers - Round Rock
Drew Ferguson (3-for-4, 3 R, 2B)
Nick Tanielu (4-for-5, R, Walk Off)
Ralph Garza (2.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 K)
DAY DATE OPPONENT PROBABLE PITCHERS TIME (PT) (PT) RADIO/TV
Thursday June 13 Round Rock RHP Matt Koch vs. RHP Rogelio Armenteros 5:05 p.m. KPLY 630 AM
Notes & Information
Designated Lamb - Down on Major League rehab assignment, 2017 National League All-Star Jake Lamb got the start for manager Chris Cron in the Designated Hitter position. Lamb has done this before for Reno, June 4, 2015 vs. Round Rock. The left-handed hitting infielder does have some experience in the DH role. Prior to tonight, he had 68 at-bats in the DH position. 2017 - Arizona - (0-for-1, Sac Fly, RBI) 2015 - Aces - (1-for-4, RBI, BB) ; 2014 - Mobile (5-for-17, 2B, RBI, 3 BB); 2013 - Visalia (7-for-34, 2 2B, 7 RBI); 2012 - Missoula (5-for-12, 2 2B, 3 RBI). Tonight, he finished 1-for-4 with 2 runs scored and a walk.
20 plus: Yasmany Tomas hit his 20th home run of the season tonight, second-most on the Aces this season behind Kevin Cron. Tomas' 20 homers this season is in just 62 games played and is six more than his 2018 total with Reno. The last time the Cuban-born outfielder had more than 20 homers in a single season was in 2016 with the Arizona Diamondbacks. In 2016, Tomas hit a career-best 31 and totaled 83 RBI.
Aces Debut: Veteran right-hander Ricky Nolasco made his Reno Aces debut tonight. Nolasco signed with the Diamondbacks as a Minor League Free Agent on February 8, 2019 and made his organization debut with Double-A Jackson. Nolasco was transferred to Triple-A Reno prior to tonight's game and got off to a hot start. He struck out the first three batters he faced, finished with six strikeouts in 3.2 innings and allowed two runs. The 36-year-old righty has 114 Major League victories in his career and has logged over 2,500 innings between the Minors and Big Leagues.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 13, 2019
- Sounds Commit Four Errors in Loss to Las Vegas - Nashville Sounds
- Slugfest Goes to Salt Lake, 13-11 - Memphis Redbirds
- Hiura's Career Night Leads Flying Chanclas to Rout of Rainiers - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (26-39) vs. Las Vegas Aviators (35-31) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Flying Chanclas de San Antonio vs. Tacoma Rainiers - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 13, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (28-38) vs Salt Lake Bees (29-35) - Memphis Redbirds
- Three-Millionth Fan Expected to Attend Chihuahuas Game this Homestand - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Game Notes at Round Rock - Reno Aces
- Green, 'Cats Down Chasers 5-4 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Houston Astros C Max Stassi Joins Round Rock Express on Major League Rehab Assignment - Round Rock Express
- Pacific Coast League All-Star Fan Vote Update - PCL
- Winning with Strong Pitching - San Antonio Missions
- Grizzlies slash seven doubles in 7-6 victory over Cubs - Fresno Grizzlies
- Green's two homers lift River Cats to victory - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas' Bats Have Just Enough to Outlast New Orleans - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Fresno Uses a Big Inning to Edge Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Dodgers Start Road Trip with Offensive Onslaught - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Chihuahuas Nip 'Cakes 10-9 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Express Come Back in Dramatic 9-8 Walkoff Victory - Round Rock Express
- Aces Drop Heartbreaker, Lose 9-8 - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Drop First Game of Homestand - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.