Slugfest Goes to Salt Lake, 13-11
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Each team had three multi-run innings Thursday night at AutoZone Park, and the difference was a two-run home run by the Salt Lake Bees (Angels) in the top of the ninth that secured a 13-11 win for the visitors over the Memphis Redbirds.
The Bees (30-35) hit four home runs in the game, including Jarrett Parker's go-ahead two-run shot in the ninth, and Memphis (28-39) hit three long balls of its own.
Five Redbirds had multi-hit games, with Adolis Garcia leading the way at 3-for-4 with his team-leading 14th home run of the season. He scored three times. Kramer Robertson was 2-for-4 with a double, a home run, three runs, and five RBI, and Randy Arozarena homered and drove in four.
Rangel Ravelo had a double, a walk, and a single in his first three plate appearances, which marked eight-straight plate appearances reaching base going back to being on base five times last night.
Alex Reyes started and worked 3.0 innings for Memphis, allowing four runs on two hits with four walks and four strikeouts.
Memphis pitching walked nine Bees in the game, and five of them scored.
The Redbirds' 11 runs on 13 hits in each of the last two nights are season highs at AutoZone Park this season. In the 10 home games prior to yesterday, Memphis scored a total of 21 runs.
The Redbirds and Bees wrap up their series tomorrow night at 7:05. The Redbirds are home through a day game on Tuesday.
Upcoming Games of Note at AutoZone Park
Friday, June 14 at 7:05: $2 beers at the Left Field Bar before the scheduled first pitch time
Saturday, June 15 at 6:35: Terminix Saturday Fireworks Show after the game
Sunday, June 16 at 2:05: Father's Day hamburger/hot dog buffet specialty ticket available at www.memphisredbirds.com/fathersday; kids and dads run the bases after the game; Prairie Farms Ice Cream Sunday (free ice cream for kids upon entering); pregame player autographs presented by Allegiant Air
Monday, June 17 at 6:35: the Redbirds will take the field as the Memphis Música as part of Minor League Baseball's "Copa de la Diversión" series
Tuesday, June 18 at 11:05 a.m.: a special day game with members of various summer camps in attendance, and additional summer camps interested in attending can call (901) 721-6000
For more information on the 2019 season, visit www.memphisredbirds.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 13, 2019
- Sounds Commit Four Errors in Loss to Las Vegas - Nashville Sounds
- Slugfest Goes to Salt Lake, 13-11 - Memphis Redbirds
- Hiura's Career Night Leads Flying Chanclas to Rout of Rainiers - San Antonio Missions
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (26-39) vs. Las Vegas Aviators (35-31) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Flying Chanclas de San Antonio vs. Tacoma Rainiers - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 13, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (28-38) vs Salt Lake Bees (29-35) - Memphis Redbirds
- Three-Millionth Fan Expected to Attend Chihuahuas Game this Homestand - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Game Notes at Round Rock - Reno Aces
- Green, 'Cats Down Chasers 5-4 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Houston Astros C Max Stassi Joins Round Rock Express on Major League Rehab Assignment - Round Rock Express
- Pacific Coast League All-Star Fan Vote Update - PCL
- Winning with Strong Pitching - San Antonio Missions
- Grizzlies slash seven doubles in 7-6 victory over Cubs - Fresno Grizzlies
- Green's two homers lift River Cats to victory - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas' Bats Have Just Enough to Outlast New Orleans - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Fresno Uses a Big Inning to Edge Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Dodgers Start Road Trip with Offensive Onslaught - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Chihuahuas Nip 'Cakes 10-9 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Express Come Back in Dramatic 9-8 Walkoff Victory - Round Rock Express
- Aces Drop Heartbreaker, Lose 9-8 - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Drop First Game of Homestand - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Redbirds Stories
- Redbirds Single-Game Tickets on Sale
- AutoZone Park Set to Host St. Louis Cardinals Caravan
- 9,123 Fans Jam AutoZone Park for Triple-A National Championship Game
- Triple-A National Champion to be Crowned Tomorrow Night
- Triple-A Baseball, Allegiant Announce Historic On-Field Jersey Partnership