Monsters Recall Forward Derek Barach from ECHL's Jacksonville IceMen
CLEVELAND - The AHL's Cleveland Monsters, top affiliate of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets, announced Thursday that the team recalled forward Derek Barach from the ECHL's Jacksonville IceMen. Barach appeared in two games for the Monsters this season and added 1-2-3 with a +1 rating in two appearances for Jacksonville, the first ECHL action of his career.
A 5'8", 165 lb. right-shooting native of Glenmont, NY, Barach, 24, posted 7-4-11 with six penalty minutes and a +6 rating in 17 career AHL appearances for the Monsters spanning the past two seasons and added 1-0-1 with two penalty minutes in eight Calder Cup Playoff appearances for Cleveland in 2019.
Prior to his professional career, Barach tallied 49-95-144 with 160 penalty minutes and a +1 rating in 150 NCAA appearances for Mercyhurst spanning four seasons from 2015-19 and served as the Lakers' captain during his senior year. In 2014-15, Barach contributed 11-7-18 with 32 penalty minutes and a -1 rating in 55 USHL appearances for the Green Bay Gamblers. Barach signed a one-year contract with the Monsters on April 20, 2019.
2019-20 Monsters Single Game Tickets are on sale NOW starting at ONLY $10 PER SEAT! Monsters Hockey Club Memberships are also available, providing members the lowest possible ticket prices, best seat locations, exclusive members only events like the Monsters' annual Meet the Team party and an exclusive, FREE Monsters Jersey or Hoodie! Group outing and birthday bash packages for ten or more people are also on sale now. All tickets can be purchased at www.ClevelandMonsters.com/tickets, by calling (216) 420-0000 or by visiting any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart. Stay up to date on all Monsters news with the Monsters Mobile App presented by University Hospitals available to download at the Apple Store or Google Play Store. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/monstershockey, and on Instagram @monstershockey.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 14, 2019
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Markus Hannikainen from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Barracuda to Celebrate the City They Call Home on Sunday for "408 Night" - San Jose Barracuda
- Bears Set to Host Hockey Fights Cancer Night Saturday - Hershey Bears
- Warm up with the IceHogs During Stroll on State - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Sign Blake Hillman to Professional Tryout - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Recall Forward Derek Barach from ECHL's Jacksonville IceMen - Cleveland Monsters
- Joe Hicketts Recalled by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Center Rhett Gardner Recalled by Dallas Stars - Texas Stars
- T-Birds Visit Penguins & Devils in 2-Game Weekend - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Ontario Reign Recall Forward Mason Bergh - Ontario Reign
- Beaudin and Davidsson Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Barracuda Allow Five in the Third, Fall 9-3 at San Diego - San Jose Barracuda
- Carrick Scores Hat Trick, Gulls Crush San Jose, 9-3 - San Diego Gulls
- Berdin and Moose Take down Stars - Manitoba Moose
- Hudon Records Hat Trick But Rocket Fall 5-4 in OT to the Belleville Senators - Laval Rocket
- Admirals Overpower Wolves - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters and Physicians Ambulance Join Together for Season of Giving
- Monsters Announce New Television Program on SportsTime Ohio, Monsters OT, Presented by University Hospitals Sports Medicine
- Monsters Sign Forward Carson Meyer to AHL Contract
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Thomas Schemitsch to AHL Contract
- Cavs, Monsters and Charge Announce Multi-Year Extension of Radio Broadcast Agreement