Monsters Edge Bulldogs 3-2
Cleveland, Ohio - The Lake Erie Monsters defeated the Hamilton Bulldogs 3-2 on Saturday night at Quicken Loans Arena. Paul Carey and Tomas Vincour both had a goal and an assist for the Monsters.
The Monsters opened the scoring at 15:08 of the opening frame on a goal by Jamie MacQueen. Marc Hagel centred a pass to MacQueen who redirected the puck past Hamilton Bulldogs starting goaltender Robert Mayer. Lake Erie grabbed a 2-0 lead at 16:27 of the first period as Carey threw the puck in front and Vincour batted in the bouncing puck.
The Monsters made it 3-0 at 11:09 of the second stanza on the power play as Vincour came flying into the zone down the right side and centred a pass to Carey who tapped the puck past Mayer.
The Bulldogs got on the board on the power play at 14:17 of the second period as Petteri Nokelainen redirected a shot through the legs of Lake Erie Monsters starting goaltender Calvin Pickard.
Hamilton came to within one at 16:57 of the second on a tally by Michael Bournival which was shorthanded as he went flying into the zone, got past a Lake Erie defender and put the puck through the legs of Pickard.
The third frame was scoreless and the Bulldogs outshot the Monsters 25-21 to end the game.
The Bulldogs' next game is against the Oklahoma City Barons at Copps Coliseum tomorrow at 5:00 p.m. All 'Dogs games will be broadcast on Hamilton's Funny 820 (AM 820). Fans can also listen to and watch all 'Dogs games on www.hamiltonbulldogs.com. Live coverage with the broadcast team of Play-By-Play Announcer Derek Wills (all home and away games) and Colour Commentator Al Craig (all home and select away games) will begin with the Pioneer Pre-Game Show 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 13, 2013
- Griffins Clinch Playoff Berth Despite Overtime Loss - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rockford Grinds out Win over Milwaukee - Rockford IceHogs
- Monsters Defeat Hamilton Again for Fifth Straight Win - Cleveland Monsters
- Akey in OT - Adirondack Phantoms
- Checkers Clinch Playoff Spot in Chicago - Charlotte Checkers
- Falcons Celebrate Division Title, Fall To Bruins - Springfield Falcons
- Brett Connolly's Hat Trick Lifts the Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Rivermen Win Seventh Straight vs. Grand Rapids - Peoria Rivermen
- Rampage Toppled at Houston, 4-1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Record Crowd Sees Aeros Roll over Rampage 4-1 - Houston Aeros
- Wolves Earn Vital Two Points with Shootout Win over Charlotte - Chicago Wolves
- Sharks Grab Point in OT Loss to Admirals on Fan Appreciation Night - Worcester Sharks
- Monarchs Hunt(Er) Bears for Victory - Manchester Monarchs
- Phantoms win in overtime ovet Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Monsters Edge Bulldogs 3-2 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Vatanen's OT Winner Moves Norfolk up in Standings - Norfolk Admirals
- Amerks Fall to Crunch in Syracuse, 5-1 - Rochester Americans
- Kings Sign Nick Shore - Manchester Monarchs
- Monarchs Hold off Bears' Comeback - Hershey Bears
- Penguins Bottle-Up IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Turner Elson Assigned to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Bruins Blank Falcons 2-0 - Providence Bruins
- Penguins Clinch Playoff Berth with Shutout of IceCaps - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Penguins Heading to Playoffs for 11th Straight Season - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Devils Downed During Military Appreciation Night - Albany Devils
- B-Sens Dominate Devils, 5-0 - Binghamton Senators
- Flames Recall Centre Ben Street - Abbotsford Heat
- Griffins Host Rivermen for Regular Season Home Finale - Grand Rapids Griffins
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Youds Sent Back to Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- Flames Recall Akim Aliu from Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- B-Sens Recall Forward Jack Downing from Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield Vs. Providence, Game #72 - Springfield Falcons
- Phoenix Coyotes Assign Lucas Lessio to Portland Pirates - Portland Pirates
- IceCaps Release Matthew Kirzinger from ATO - St. John's IceCaps
- Heat Blank Marlies in Front of 6503 Fans - Abbotsford Heat
- Marlies Clinch Calder Cup Playoff Spot - Toronto Marlies
- Pirri, Smith Help Hogs Win Illinois Lottery Cup - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.