Monarchs Assign Fransson to Russia
MANCHESTER, NH - The Manchester Monarchs, the primary affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings, have assigned defenseman Johan Fransson to SKA St. Petersburg of the KHL, Monarchs Director of Hockey Operations Hubie McDonough announced today.
Fransson, 25, played in 54 games last season with Lulea HF of the Swedish Elite League and recorded 30 points (11-1930) and 26 penalty minutes. He has played almost exclusively in the Swedish Elite League for three teams since the 2002-03 season and he has also played briefly in the Super Swiss League and the Finnish National Hockey League.
Fransson is a 6-foot-1, 192-pound native of Kalix, Sweden. He was acquired by the Kings from Dallas on February 27, 2007, with Jaroslav Modry, a second-round choice in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft (Oscar Moller), a third-round choice in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft (Bryan Cameron) and a first-round choice in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft (later traded to Anaheim on June 20, 2008) for Mattias Norstrom, Konstantin Pushkarev, a third-round choice in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft and a fourth-round choice in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
Bring a box of macaroni and cheese to the Max & Cheese Food Drive and make some noise at the Monarchs Home Opener on Saturday, October 16 at 7:00 p.m. versus Providence at the Verizon Wireless Arena. The first 5,000 fans to the Monarchs Home Opener will receive a magnetic schedule for the 2010-11 season. Catch all of the play-by-play action of Monarchs hockey with Ken Cail on the Monarchs Radio Network WGAM 900/1250 AM and at www.manchestermonarchs.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 13, 2010
- Monarchs Assign Fransson to Russia - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolf Pack Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack's Skating Specialist - Connecticut Whale
- Rangers Assign Forward Tim Kennedy to Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Tenth Season Of Wolves Adopt-A-Dog Program Begins Saturday - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes Announce Affiliation Agreement With Arizona Sundogs - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms and Devils to Challenge for 2nd Annual Time Warner Cable Cup - Adirondack Phantoms
- Moose once again Go Pink in October for "Keeping Abreast" - Manitoba Moose
- Moose serve up third annual community pancake breakfast at Gateway Community Centre - Manitoba Moose
- Rampage Assign Joe Fallon To Las Vegas - San Antonio Rampage
- B-sens Release Goaltender Shane Connelly - Binghamton Senators
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- IceHogs Assign Leblanc To Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- CT Whale/Wolf Pack Weekly Release - Connecticut Whale
- Matt McIlvane Assigned to Bloomington - Peoria Rivermen
- SJ Sharks Assign Goaltender Thomas Greiss to Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Amerks Serve Families at Ronald McDonald House - Rochester Americans
- NHL Network U.S. to Air 10 AHL Games in 2010-11 - AHL
- Wolves Open Home Schedule Saturday - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Add 18 Games on My50 Chicago to Broadcast Slate - Chicago Wolves
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Announce Details of Change of Pace 'Wing of the Year' Award - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Manchester Monarchs Stories
- Doherty and Kurker Return to Manchester
- Monarchs Storm Past Mariners, 6-2
- Monarchs Take Sole Possession of Fourth with 4-1 Win over the Railers
- Growlers Snap Five-Game Losing Streak with 5-1 Win over Monarchs
- Manchester Monarchs Care Foundation Donates $7,500 to Elliot Hospital