Matt McIlvane Assigned to Bloomington
Peoria Rivermen General Manager Kevin McDonald announced today that the club has assigned forward Matt McIlvane (MACK-ihl-vayne) to the Bloomington PrarieThunder of the Central Hockey League.
McIlvane, 24, attended training camp with Peoria and skated in the Rivermen preseason game against Rockford on Sept. 28. He appeared in eight games for the Rivermen last season after signing a professional tryout contract with the club. He registered a goal and two assists along with two penalty minutes and a plus-one rating. He spent 62 games with the PrairieThunder and notched 24 points (11 goals, 13 assists) for the then-International-Hockey-League club.
He was limited by injury in his rookie season, 2008-09, to just 14 games for the Berlin Polar Bears of German Ice Hockey League (DEL). Originally selected by the Ottawa Senators in the eighth round (#251 overall) of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, McIlvane enjoyed a four-year career at the Ohio State University. After 156 games and 52 points (15 goals, 37 assists) with the Buckeyes, the 6-foot, 207-pound forward appeared in four games with the Binghamton Senators (AHL) during the 2007-08 season.
A native of Naperville, Ill he graduated from Naperville Central High School in 2004 and played for both the Chicago Freeze (NAHL) and Chicago Steel (USHL) before college. He played for Team World in the 2004 USHL Prospects/All-Star Game and played for the U.S. squad in the 2002 Under-18 Junior World Cup in Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Season ticket packages are still on sale through the Rivermen office. Call (309) 676-1040 for more information or to reserve your seat for the upcoming season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 13, 2010
- Monarchs Assign Fransson to Russia - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolf Pack Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack's Skating Specialist - Connecticut Whale
- Rangers Assign Forward Tim Kennedy to Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Tenth Season Of Wolves Adopt-A-Dog Program Begins Saturday - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes Announce Affiliation Agreement With Arizona Sundogs - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms and Devils to Challenge for 2nd Annual Time Warner Cable Cup - Adirondack Phantoms
- Moose once again Go Pink in October for "Keeping Abreast" - Manitoba Moose
- Moose serve up third annual community pancake breakfast at Gateway Community Centre - Manitoba Moose
- Rampage Assign Joe Fallon To Las Vegas - San Antonio Rampage
- B-sens Release Goaltender Shane Connelly - Binghamton Senators
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- IceHogs Assign Leblanc To Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- CT Whale/Wolf Pack Weekly Release - Connecticut Whale
- Matt McIlvane Assigned to Bloomington - Peoria Rivermen
- SJ Sharks Assign Goaltender Thomas Greiss to Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Amerks Serve Families at Ronald McDonald House - Rochester Americans
- NHL Network U.S. to Air 10 AHL Games in 2010-11 - AHL
- Wolves Open Home Schedule Saturday - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Add 18 Games on My50 Chicago to Broadcast Slate - Chicago Wolves
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Announce Details of Change of Pace 'Wing of the Year' Award - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.