Wolves Open Home Schedule Saturday
The Chicago Wolves will begin their 40-game home slate at the Allstate Arena with an Amtrak Rivalry matchup against the Milwaukee Admirals on Sat., Oct. 16, at 7 p.m. The franchise's 17th home opener is presented by LifeSource.
Festivities will begin with a tailgate party in the Southwest parking lot from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Fans can enter the tailgate with their game ticket.
The party will feature the band "Billy Ray Valentine," which is set to begin at 3 p.m., and meet and greets with former players STEVE MARTINS and BOB NARDELLA later in the afternoon. Interactive games and an appearance by the Wolves mascot, Skates, will be also be featured at the party and fans can enjoy soft drinks, courtesy of Pepsi, and hot dogs, courtesy of Vienna Beef and Chicago Baking, while supplies last.
Fans can also explore the City of Chicago's Department of Animal Care and Control's Animobile - a mobile adoption unit and clinic donated by Wolves Chairman of the Board Don Levin - throughout the tailgate.
Inside the arena, it is also an Adopt-a-Dog night, presented by Pet Supplies "Plus" and Pedigree. Fans can visit "Krogger's Canines" - named after center Jason Krog, team spokesman for the program - in the South lobby. This will be the first of seven appearances that the Adopt-a-Dog program will make at Wolves games this season.
The first 10,000 fans to enter the game will receive static-cling schedules, presented by Pepsi Max and LifeSource, and the first 7,500 fans will receive a copy of Breakaway magazine.
To close out the opening night festivities, two players will be signing autographs at the Kia Motors postgame autograph session in the Southeast lobby, located behind section 101.
For tickets to the game, or more information, call 1-800-THE-WOLVES, or visit chicagowolves.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 13, 2010
- Monarchs Assign Fransson to Russia - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolf Pack Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack's Skating Specialist - Connecticut Whale
- Rangers Assign Forward Tim Kennedy to Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Tenth Season Of Wolves Adopt-A-Dog Program Begins Saturday - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes Announce Affiliation Agreement With Arizona Sundogs - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms and Devils to Challenge for 2nd Annual Time Warner Cable Cup - Adirondack Phantoms
- Moose once again Go Pink in October for "Keeping Abreast" - Manitoba Moose
- Moose serve up third annual community pancake breakfast at Gateway Community Centre - Manitoba Moose
- Rampage Assign Joe Fallon To Las Vegas - San Antonio Rampage
- B-sens Release Goaltender Shane Connelly - Binghamton Senators
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- IceHogs Assign Leblanc To Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- CT Whale/Wolf Pack Weekly Release - Connecticut Whale
- Matt McIlvane Assigned to Bloomington - Peoria Rivermen
- SJ Sharks Assign Goaltender Thomas Greiss to Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Amerks Serve Families at Ronald McDonald House - Rochester Americans
- NHL Network U.S. to Air 10 AHL Games in 2010-11 - AHL
- Wolves Open Home Schedule Saturday - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Add 18 Games on My50 Chicago to Broadcast Slate - Chicago Wolves
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Announce Details of Change of Pace 'Wing of the Year' Award - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.