Rangers Assign Forward Tim Kennedy to Wolf Pack
New York, October 13, 2010 - New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that forward Tim Kennedy has been assigned to the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Kennedy, 24, tallied two assists in four pre-season contests after signing with the Rangers as a free agent on August 30, 2010. He did not dress in either of the Rangers first two regular season games. Last season, Kennedy led all Buffalo rookie forwards in goals (10), assists (16), points (26), and shots (98), and led all Sabres' rookies in penalty minutes (50) and game winning goals (three). He recorded his first career NHL point with an assist on October 10 at Nashville, and notched his first career goal on October 28 at New Jersey. Kennedy registered two multi-point performances, with a two-assist effort on December 27 at St. Louis, and one goal and one assist on March 16 at Atlanta. He also registered a career-high, four-game scoring streak from March 26 vs. Ottawa to March 31 vs. Florida, tallying four points (two goals and two assists) over the span. The 5-10, 173-pounder made his NHL post-season debut on April 15, 2010 vs. Boston, recording one assist and a plus-two rating in the contest, and finished the playoffs with one goal and two assists in six games with Buffalo.
The Buffalo, New York native was originally Washington's sixth round choice, 181st overall, in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 13, 2010
- Monarchs Assign Fransson to Russia - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolf Pack Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack's Skating Specialist - Connecticut Whale
- Rangers Assign Forward Tim Kennedy to Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Tenth Season Of Wolves Adopt-A-Dog Program Begins Saturday - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes Announce Affiliation Agreement With Arizona Sundogs - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms and Devils to Challenge for 2nd Annual Time Warner Cable Cup - Adirondack Phantoms
- Moose once again Go Pink in October for "Keeping Abreast" - Manitoba Moose
- Moose serve up third annual community pancake breakfast at Gateway Community Centre - Manitoba Moose
- Rampage Assign Joe Fallon To Las Vegas - San Antonio Rampage
- B-sens Release Goaltender Shane Connelly - Binghamton Senators
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- IceHogs Assign Leblanc To Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- CT Whale/Wolf Pack Weekly Release - Connecticut Whale
- Matt McIlvane Assigned to Bloomington - Peoria Rivermen
- SJ Sharks Assign Goaltender Thomas Greiss to Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Amerks Serve Families at Ronald McDonald House - Rochester Americans
- NHL Network U.S. to Air 10 AHL Games in 2010-11 - AHL
- Wolves Open Home Schedule Saturday - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Add 18 Games on My50 Chicago to Broadcast Slate - Chicago Wolves
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Announce Details of Change of Pace 'Wing of the Year' Award - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.