Moose once again Go Pink in October for "Keeping Abreast"
For the third consecutive season, the Manitoba Moose have announced they are devoting their October games to breast cancer awareness and raising money for that cause throughout the month of October. All October Moose games will feature a number of special giveaways and the sale of some new unique collectibles, such as specialty pucks, pins, and sticks.
The month will conclude with Ladies Night on Saturday, October 22nd when the Moose host their division-rival, the Hamilton Bulldogs. Net proceeds from that night as well as all activity throughout the month will be donated to "Keeping Abreast" - a local charity that started in late 2007 and devotes their time to fundraising for research, state-of-the-art medical equipment and education about breast cancer and the benefits of reconstructive surgery. There will also be a special puck-drop ceremony that night as well as "pink" themed graphics in game production throughout the game. Fans are encouraged to wear pink to the game!
Additionally, the Moose have also developed a special Manitoba Moose pink scarf/glove set featuring the traditional pink ribbon symbol along with a Moose logo. The set will be available on the concourse at Moose games and at the Off the Rack Store throughout the month of October. All net proceeds from the sale of this merchandise will go towards "Keeping Abreast".
Last season, the Moose and their fans raised $25,000 for "Keeping Abreast".
The Moose will wear a pink ribbon decal on the back of their helmets beginning on Friday, October 15th when the Moose open their home schedule against the Grand Rapids Griffins and during each of their three other home games during the month.
Also at each home game throughout the entire month of October, the Moose will auction off a "pink stick" used by defenceman Nolan Baumgartner. At the end of each game, winners will have the opportunity to meet Baumgartner and have their winning pink stick signed. In addition to the stick, Moose fans will have the opportunity to win autographed jerseys from such NHL stars as former Moose Cory Schneider, Stanley Cup champion and Winnipeg native Jonathan Toews, Tampa Bay Lighting star Steven Stamkos, and Moose centre Joel Perrault.
Please see the full promotional schedule below and visit www.moosehockey.com for more details.
Tickets are now available for the season home-opening game between the Manitoba Moose and Grand Rapids Griffins Friday, October 15th at the MTS Centre. Fans can get their tickets at all Ticketmaster locations or by going online at www.ticketmaster.ca or by calling 780-3333.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 13, 2010
- Monarchs Assign Fransson to Russia - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolf Pack Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack's Skating Specialist - Connecticut Whale
- Rangers Assign Forward Tim Kennedy to Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Tenth Season Of Wolves Adopt-A-Dog Program Begins Saturday - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes Announce Affiliation Agreement With Arizona Sundogs - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms and Devils to Challenge for 2nd Annual Time Warner Cable Cup - Adirondack Phantoms
- Moose once again Go Pink in October for "Keeping Abreast" - Manitoba Moose
- Moose serve up third annual community pancake breakfast at Gateway Community Centre - Manitoba Moose
- Rampage Assign Joe Fallon To Las Vegas - San Antonio Rampage
- B-sens Release Goaltender Shane Connelly - Binghamton Senators
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- IceHogs Assign Leblanc To Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- CT Whale/Wolf Pack Weekly Release - Connecticut Whale
- Matt McIlvane Assigned to Bloomington - Peoria Rivermen
- SJ Sharks Assign Goaltender Thomas Greiss to Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Amerks Serve Families at Ronald McDonald House - Rochester Americans
- NHL Network U.S. to Air 10 AHL Games in 2010-11 - AHL
- Wolves Open Home Schedule Saturday - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Add 18 Games on My50 Chicago to Broadcast Slate - Chicago Wolves
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Announce Details of Change of Pace 'Wing of the Year' Award - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Manitoba Moose Stories
- Claude Noel Named Head Coach of Winnipeg NHL Team
- TNSE Launches "Drive to 13,000" to Secure NHL Franchise in Winnipeg
- Canucks Recall Chris Tanev, Eddie Lack, Sergei Shirokov, Aaron Volpatti and Alex Bolduc
- Moose Eliminated by Bulldogs in Triple Overtime
- Moose Won't Back Down