Phantoms and Devils to Challenge for 2nd Annual Time Warner Cable Cup
Time Warner Cable in conjunction with the Adirondack Phantoms and the Albany Devils are proud to announce they are teaming up again for the Second Annual Time Warner Cable Cup. The divisional rivals will battle twelve times in 2010-11 to decide who gets to hoist the coveted cup at the conclusion of the season.
"Time Warner Cable is proud to sponsor the rivalry between the Albany Devils and the Adirondack Phantoms," said John Quigley, Time Warner Cable Area Vice President of Operations. "The Time Warner Cable Cup, now in its second year, has proven to be an exciting way to engage local AHL fans and connect people from different geographic areas of our market. Congratulations to the Adirondack Phantoms on winning the first Time Warner Cable Cup game. We welcome the Albany Devils and look forward to a competitive season ahead!"
The Phantoms took round one of the hotly-contested series last Saturday night with a 5-3 triumph at Albany. Round two takes place Saturday, October 16 during the Phantoms' Opening Weekend at the Glens Falls Civic Center.
The Time Warner Cable Cup is presented annually to the winner of the season series (winning the most of the twelve head-to-head games) between Adirondack and Albany and will be displayed at the team's home facility until the rivalry is renewed the following season.
The Phantoms are preparing for Opening Weekend as they face the Syracuse Crunch in the first home game of the season on Friday, October 15 at 7:30pm. The Albany Devils come to the Glens Falls Civic Center Saturday, October 16 for the first of six visits to Glens Falls. Faceoff for Saturday is 7:00pm. The Phantoms then travel to Rochester to meet the Americans for the first time this season on Sunday, October 17 at 5:05pm.
Adirondack Phantoms full and partial season ticket packages are still available for the 2010-11 season presented by Bud Light. For more information please contact the Adirondack Phantoms at (518) 480-3355 or online at www.phantomshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 13, 2010
- Monarchs Assign Fransson to Russia - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolf Pack Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack's Skating Specialist - Connecticut Whale
- Rangers Assign Forward Tim Kennedy to Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Tenth Season Of Wolves Adopt-A-Dog Program Begins Saturday - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes Announce Affiliation Agreement With Arizona Sundogs - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms and Devils to Challenge for 2nd Annual Time Warner Cable Cup - Adirondack Phantoms
- Moose once again Go Pink in October for "Keeping Abreast" - Manitoba Moose
- Moose serve up third annual community pancake breakfast at Gateway Community Centre - Manitoba Moose
- Rampage Assign Joe Fallon To Las Vegas - San Antonio Rampage
- B-sens Release Goaltender Shane Connelly - Binghamton Senators
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- IceHogs Assign Leblanc To Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- CT Whale/Wolf Pack Weekly Release - Connecticut Whale
- Matt McIlvane Assigned to Bloomington - Peoria Rivermen
- SJ Sharks Assign Goaltender Thomas Greiss to Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Amerks Serve Families at Ronald McDonald House - Rochester Americans
- NHL Network U.S. to Air 10 AHL Games in 2010-11 - AHL
- Wolves Open Home Schedule Saturday - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Add 18 Games on My50 Chicago to Broadcast Slate - Chicago Wolves
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Announce Details of Change of Pace 'Wing of the Year' Award - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.