B-sens Release Goaltender Shane Connelly
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. - The Binghamton Senators announced today they have released goaltender Shane Connelly from a professional try-out contract.
Connelly, 23, split the 2009-10 season with the Johnstown Chiefs and South Carolina Stingrays of the ECHL.
In 14 games with the Chiefs Connelly posted a 3-7-2 record, 4.08 goals-against average and a .870 save percentage. In 26 games with the Stingrays, the Cheltenham, Penn. native posted a record of 13-7-5, 2.82 goals-against average and a .901 save percentage.
The 5-9, 177-pound Connelly spent four seasons with the University of Wisconsin (2005-2009) where he appeared in 90 games, posting a 41-36-11 record. He was part of the 2006 Wisconsin National Championship team during his first collegiate season.
Connelly dressed as back-up to Barry Brust on Saturday, Oct. 9 versus Norfolk, but did not play.
The B-Sens return to the ice Friday, Oct. 15 as they host the defending Calder Cup champion Hershey Bears. Game time is set for 7:05 p.m. Tickets are $17.75 for side seating, $16.75 for end seating. Fans can purchase tickets at www.ticketmaster.com, by phone at 1-800-745-3000 or in person at the Binghamton Senators' executive office or the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena box office.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 13, 2010
- Monarchs Assign Fransson to Russia - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolf Pack Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack's Skating Specialist - Connecticut Whale
- Rangers Assign Forward Tim Kennedy to Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Tenth Season Of Wolves Adopt-A-Dog Program Begins Saturday - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes Announce Affiliation Agreement With Arizona Sundogs - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms and Devils to Challenge for 2nd Annual Time Warner Cable Cup - Adirondack Phantoms
- Moose once again Go Pink in October for "Keeping Abreast" - Manitoba Moose
- Moose serve up third annual community pancake breakfast at Gateway Community Centre - Manitoba Moose
- Rampage Assign Joe Fallon To Las Vegas - San Antonio Rampage
- B-sens Release Goaltender Shane Connelly - Binghamton Senators
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- IceHogs Assign Leblanc To Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- CT Whale/Wolf Pack Weekly Release - Connecticut Whale
- Matt McIlvane Assigned to Bloomington - Peoria Rivermen
- SJ Sharks Assign Goaltender Thomas Greiss to Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Amerks Serve Families at Ronald McDonald House - Rochester Americans
- NHL Network U.S. to Air 10 AHL Games in 2010-11 - AHL
- Wolves Open Home Schedule Saturday - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Add 18 Games on My50 Chicago to Broadcast Slate - Chicago Wolves
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Announce Details of Change of Pace 'Wing of the Year' Award - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.