Tenth Season Of Wolves Adopt-A-Dog Program Begins Saturday
The Chicago Wolves will host the first of seven Adopt-A-Dog Nights, in conjunction with Chicago's Department of Animal Care and Control (ACC) Adopt-a-Dog program and presented by Pet Supplies "Plus"and Pedigree, at their home opener against the Milwaukee Admirals on Sat., Oct. 16 at 7 p.m. The team has helped find homes for nearly 800 dogs through the program in the past nine seasons.
Fans interested in adopting a dog can visit "Krogger's Canines" - named after center Jason Krog, team spokesman for the program - in the South lobby throughout the game on Saturday.
"As always, we're thrilled to be able to assist this program," said Wolves Senior Vice President of Operations Courtney Mahoney. "It's such a unique and successful initiative and the support we get from the fans each year is amazing. We hope to find homes for at least 100 dogs this season."
The Wolves became involved with the program through the team's chairman of the board, Don Levin, who has adopted pets from similar programs. In 2003, Levin purchased the Animobile, a mobile adoption unit and modern clinic staffed by veterinarians and adoption specialists.
The Adopt-a-Dog program will also make appearances at the Allstate Arena on: Dec. 18, Jan. 8, Feb. 19, March 6, March 26 and April 9.
For more information, call 1-800-THE-WOLVES or visit chicagowolves.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 13, 2010
- Monarchs Assign Fransson to Russia - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolf Pack Notebook - Connecticut Whale
- Wolf Pack's Skating Specialist - Connecticut Whale
- Rangers Assign Forward Tim Kennedy to Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Tenth Season Of Wolves Adopt-A-Dog Program Begins Saturday - Chicago Wolves
- Coyotes Announce Affiliation Agreement With Arizona Sundogs - San Antonio Rampage
- Phantoms and Devils to Challenge for 2nd Annual Time Warner Cable Cup - Adirondack Phantoms
- Moose once again Go Pink in October for "Keeping Abreast" - Manitoba Moose
- Moose serve up third annual community pancake breakfast at Gateway Community Centre - Manitoba Moose
- Rampage Assign Joe Fallon To Las Vegas - San Antonio Rampage
- B-sens Release Goaltender Shane Connelly - Binghamton Senators
- Pirates Weekly - Portland Pirates
- IceHogs Assign Leblanc To Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- CT Whale/Wolf Pack Weekly Release - Connecticut Whale
- Matt McIlvane Assigned to Bloomington - Peoria Rivermen
- SJ Sharks Assign Goaltender Thomas Greiss to Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Amerks Serve Families at Ronald McDonald House - Rochester Americans
- NHL Network U.S. to Air 10 AHL Games in 2010-11 - AHL
- Wolves Open Home Schedule Saturday - Chicago Wolves
- Wolves Add 18 Games on My50 Chicago to Broadcast Slate - Chicago Wolves
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Crunch Announce Details of Change of Pace 'Wing of the Year' Award - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.