Mistakes Plague Booyah in Loss
Ashwaubenon, WI - The Green Bay Booyah struggled again defensively and on the mound on Sunday evening as they fell 7-6 to La Crosse at Copeland Park.
Green Bay was once again led by the middle of their order as Nick Kreutzer blasted his fourth home run of the year over the left field wall in the fifth inning to put the Booyah ahead 5-4. The Arkansas Pine-Bluff first baseman finished the day 1-for-4 with two runs scored and two RBIs. Cleanup hitter Brady West also had a big night on Sunday, going 2-for-4, hitting a double, and scoring the first two runs of the game for Green Bay. Collin Kleffman and Noah Granet also had one run driven in, as did Nadir Lewis.
The pitching for Green Bay struggled with command, allowing 10 walks and striking out just four Loggers batters. Starter Jack Sauser had a good first four innings, allowing just one earned run and striking out three. Green Bay committed three more errors on Sunday, totaling 10 mistakes in the field during the two-game series in La Crosse. Zach Camp was the losing pitcher for the Booyah, going just a third of an inning and allowing two earned runs.
Green Bay has an off day tomorrow before they begin a four game homestand starting Tuesday night. The home series will consist of two games against Wisconsin Rapids on Tuesday and Wednesday, and two against La Crosse on Thursday and Friday. First pitch for all games is set for 6:35pm, as the Booyah send St. Cloud State's Avery Stevens to the mound to start on Tuesday. The Minnesota native will be making his first start of the 2020 year.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 9, 2020
- Mistakes Plague Booyah in Loss - Green Bay Booyah
- Bombers Swept for Second Time on Weekend, as Bats Stay Silent - Battle Creek Bombers
- Loggers Hold on for Back-And-Forth 7-6 Win over Booyah - La Crosse Loggers
- MoonDogs' Crooked Seven-Spot Sixth Secures Split against Honkers - Mankato MoonDogs
- Seven-Run Sixth Inning Unwinds Rochester in Loss - Rochester Honkers
- Resorters Rout Spitters - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Kingfish Take Kenosha Series Lead on 2-1 Win - Kenosha Kingfish
- Dock Spiders Send off Bullock with 12-3 Rout of Rivets - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Rafters Sweep Series with Woodchucks, Win 8-0 - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Larks Offense Goes Crazy - Bismarck Larks
- Bats Fall Quiet in Chucks' Afternoon Loss - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rox Take Series against Stingers in Game One of Doubleheader - St. Cloud Rox
- Rox Take Game One of Doubleheader from Stingers - Willmar Stingers
- Errors Drown out Booyah in Extras - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Host Woodchucks in Sunday Matinee - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Former Willmar Stinger Nick Mears Debuts with the Pirates - Northwoods
- Loggers Rally for Wild Pitch Walkoff in 11 Innings vs. Booyah - La Crosse Loggers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Booyah Stories
- Booyah Succeed at Providing Community with Safe Summer Entertainment
- Green Bay Booyah to Host Wine Dinner September 17th
- Open Letter from Booyah VP: Thank You, Fans
- Green Bay Booyah Season Ends in Fond du Lac
- Green Bay Heads to Fond du Lac for First Playoff Game Since 2015