Missouri Trades for Forward Devin Didiomete
Independence, MO (November 11, 2014) - The Missouri Mavericks announced on Tuesday that the team has acquired left wing Devin DiDiomete from the Allen Americans in exchange for future considerations.
Additionally, the Mavs signed a pair of free agents and dealt forward Garett Bembridge to Indy in exchange for future considerations.
The Mavs are next in action on Friday night when they host the Americans at the Independence Events Center. Face-off is scheduled for 7:05 PM (CT) and tickets are available online through TicketMaster.com or in person at the Silverstein Eye Centers Box Office at Independence Events Center.
DiDiomete, 26, joins the Mavericks after playing four games with the Americans to start the 2014-15 season. During his time with Allen, the Stratford, Ontario native notched an assist and 20 penalty minutes (second most on the Allen roster).
"Devin brings a great combination of toughness and skill," said Matvichuk. "He will provide a very physical presence, while also adding to the team's offensive output. We are very excited to have someone that brings his skill set to the roster."
The 6-0, 210-pound forward was a seventh round draft selection of the Calgary Flames in the 2006 NHL Draft. He has played a total of 71 career ECHL games seeing action with Charlotte, Wheeling, Chicago and Colorado before joining Allen prior to the start of this season. In his time in the ECHL, DiDiomete scored 18 goals with 23 assists and has added 474 penalty minutes. He has also played 196 games in the American Hockey League with Hartford, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Houston and Chicago combining to score 12 goals with 14 assists and 720 penalty minutes.
Before turning pro, DiDiomete had an outstanding four-year junior career in the Ontario Hockey League that saw a pair of 20-plus goal campaigns and three 200-plus penalty minute seasons. His totals saw him accumulate 66 goals and 81 assists with 736 penalty minutes in 236 career OHL games.
The Mavs also signed a pair of defensemen in Steven Tarasuk and Missouri-product Tony DeHart. Both blue liners have been placed on Missouri's reserve list.
Tarasuk, 25, was a member of the Allen Americans 2014 Central Hockey League Championship team where Matvichuk was previously the defensive coach & assistant general manager. The defenseman had a goal and four assists in 17 post-season games last Spring. The 5-10, 180-pound defenseman has played 186 career ECHL games seeing action with Utah, Kalamazoo, Ontario, Idaho and San Francisco scoring 16 goals and 67 assists. The Thornhill, Ontario native has also played three games in the American Hockey League (Bridgeport) and began this season in Italy (recorded five helpers in seven games).
DeHart, 24, hails from just over 200 miles away in Ballwin, Missouri and was a fifth round draft selection of the New York Islanders in the 2010 NHL Draft. The 6-2, 202-pound defenseman has played in 117 career ECHL games scoring 10 goals with 37 assists while suiting up for Stockton and Orlando.
DeHart also has 10 games in the Central Hockey League with St. Charles (2013-14) and three games in the American Hockey League with Springfield (2009-10).
Forward Ryley Grantham has been placed on the 21-day Injured Reserve, forward Justin Kirsch (an assist in four games this season) has been released and Bembridge has been dealt to Indy (two goals and four assists in seven games this season).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 11, 2014
- IceMen Rally Falls Short against Solar Bears - Evansville IceMen
- Rush Power Past Thunder 6-3 - Wichita Thunder
- Countdown to Face-Off: K-Wings vs Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
- Brace Named Grand Vue Park Player of the Month - Wheeling Nailers
- Fuel Trade for Garett Bembridge - Indy Fuel
- Everblades in the Community - Florida Everblades
- Missouri Trades for Forward Devin Didiomete - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - November 11 - ECHL
- AHL Call-Up for Mallards' Milner - Quad City Mallards
- Bell's Blue Ice Highlight's K-Wings Weekend - Kalamazoo Wings
- Star Wars and Seinfeld on Friday and Saturday in Condorstown - Bakersfield Condors
- K-Wings Valk Heads to Comets - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Benefitfocus Night at the Stingrays Hosts Food Drive this Saturday - South Carolina Stingrays
- Aces Host Military Appreciation Weekend November 14-15 - Alaska Aces
- Warriors to Visit Schools for Face-Off for Fitness - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Recongizes K-Wings' Martin - Kalamazoo Wings
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign vs. Stockton Thunder - Ontario Reign
- Kyle Jean Earns Promotion to AHL - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Visit Ontario - Stockton Thunder
- Irwin Recalled to Rochester - Elmira Jackals
- Komets' Heard Scores ECHL Player of the Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Fort Wayne's Heard Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Game Day Capsule: Wichita at Rapid City - Wichita Thunder
- Tyler Shattock Returned to Thunder - Stockton Thunder
- Carruth Reassigned to Rockford, Telyakov to 21-Day IR - Indy Fuel
- Kalamazoo's Martin Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- ECHL Today - November 11 - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Atlanta's Late Goals Haunt Mavericks, KC Downed 4-3
- Durocher's Hat Trick Not Enough in Mavericks 5-3 Loss at South Carolina
- Mavericks Can't Contain Greenville, Drop Second Game of Road Trip 5-3
- Mavs Monday: East Coast Road Trip
- Mavericks Falter in Third Period, Fall 6-2 to Tulsa