Minnesota Wild Agrees to Terms with Forward Brandon Duhaime on a Two-Year Contract
SAINT PAUL, Minn. - Minnesota Wild General Manager Bill Guerin today announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club has agreed to terms with forward Brandon Duhaime on a two-year contract (two-way in 2021-22 for $750,000/$100,000 and one-way in 2022-23 for $750,000).
Duhaime, 24 (5/22/97), registered nine points (6-3=9) in 24 games with the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL) in 2020-21. The 6-foot-1, 203-pound native of Parkland, Fla., led the Wild with three game-winning goals (GWG) and ranked T-7th in goals. The left-shot forward recorded a career-high three-game goal streak from April 16-23, including back-to-back contests with the GWG (April 17-23). He tallied a career-high three points (2-1=3) on May 14 vs. Texas, also his first career multi-goal game. The winger owns 29 points (12-17)), a plus-11 rating, 103 penalty minutes (PIM), three GWG and 157 shots on goal in 87 career AHL games with the Wild (2019-21).
Duhaime skated in three seasons with Providence College of the Hockey East and collected 72 points (22-50=72) in 117 contests (2016-19). He was named to the Hockey East All-Star Third Team in 2018-19 and to the Hockey East All-Tournament team in 2017-18. The forward split the 2015-16 campaign in the United States Hockey League (USHL) between Chicago and Tri-City. He recorded 42 points (15-27=42) in 57 contests and helped the Storm win the 2016 Clark Cup Championship.
Duhaime was selected by Minnesota in the fourth round (106th overall) of the 2016 NHL Draft.
Iowa Wild hockey is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center. For more information, please visit www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 29, 2021
- Coyotes Sign Fasching to One-Year Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Coyotes Sign Carcone to Two-Year Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Minnesota Wild Agrees to Terms with Forward Brandon Duhaime on a Two-Year Contract - Iowa Wild
- Forward Sasha Mutala Returns to Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Henderson Silver Knights Announce Founding Partnership with Sam & Ash - Henderson Silver Knights
- Canucks Sign Seven Players to Two-Way Contracts - Abbotsford Canucks
- Minnesota Wild Signs Defenseman Kevin Czuczman to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- Sabres Sign Hayden to One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Rafferty, O'Regan, Pateryn and Robinson to Contracts - San Diego Gulls
- Toronto Marlies Sign Forward Jack Kopacka - Toronto Marlies
- Colorado Signs Veteran Forward Dalton Smith - Colorado Eagles
- St. Louis Blues Sign Forwards Matthew Peca, Nathan Todd & Goaltender Charlie Lindgren - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Admirals Sign UW Alum Joseph LaBate - Milwaukee Admirals
- Texas Stars Sign Jeremy Gregoire to AHL Deal - Texas Stars
- Bears Sign Forward Yanick Turcotte to AHL Contract - Hershey Bears
- Sabres Ink Ethan Prow to One-Year Deal - Rochester Americans
- Comings, Goings, on First Day of Free Agency - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.