Bears Sign Forward Yanick Turcotte to AHL Contract
(Hershey, PA) - The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has signed forward Yanick Turcotte to a one-year, American Hockey League contract for the 2021-22 season.
Turcotte, 25, appeared in two games last season with Hershey's ECHL affiliate, the South Carolina Stingrays, racking up nine penalty minutes. He also skated in two games with the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers in an injury-shortened season.
The 6', 203-pound winger has appeared in seven career AHL games with the Sound Tigers. He's spent parts of four seasons in the ECHL, tallying 24 points (4g, 20a) and 536 penalty minutes in 127 career games with Worcester and South Carolina.
The Quebec native is a former alternate captain with his hometown Quebec Remparts of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. He played 212 career QMJHL games, scoring 30 points (9g, 21a) and 335 penalty minutes.
The Bears open the 2021-22 season at GIANT Center versus the Charlotte Checkers on Saturday, October 16 at 7 p.m. Season Ticket Packages for the 2021-22 season are on sale now featuring discounts and great benefits, with options ranging from Full Season Tickets to Flex-10 Plans. Further information may be found at HersheyBears.com/tickets/season-tickets.php.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 29, 2021
- Coyotes Sign Fasching to One-Year Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Coyotes Sign Carcone to Two-Year Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Minnesota Wild Agrees to Terms with Forward Brandon Duhaime on a Two-Year Contract - Iowa Wild
- Forward Sasha Mutala Returns to Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Henderson Silver Knights Announce Founding Partnership with Sam & Ash - Henderson Silver Knights
- Canucks Sign Seven Players to Two-Way Contracts - Abbotsford Canucks
- Minnesota Wild Signs Defenseman Kevin Czuczman to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- Sabres Sign Hayden to One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Rafferty, O'Regan, Pateryn and Robinson to Contracts - San Diego Gulls
- Toronto Marlies Sign Forward Jack Kopacka - Toronto Marlies
- Colorado Signs Veteran Forward Dalton Smith - Colorado Eagles
- St. Louis Blues Sign Forwards Matthew Peca, Nathan Todd & Goaltender Charlie Lindgren - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Admirals Sign UW Alum Joseph LaBate - Milwaukee Admirals
- Texas Stars Sign Jeremy Gregoire to AHL Deal - Texas Stars
- Bears Sign Forward Yanick Turcotte to AHL Contract - Hershey Bears
- Sabres Ink Ethan Prow to One-Year Deal - Rochester Americans
- Comings, Goings, on First Day of Free Agency - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.