Sabres Ink Ethan Prow to One-Year Deal
(Rochester, NY) - The Buffalo Sabres announced today that the team has signed defenseman Ethan Prow to a one-year contract for the 2021-22 season.
Prow joins the organization after spending the 2020-21 season with Munich EHC of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga (DEL) on loan from the Florida Panthers (NHL). In 26 games, the 28-year-old blueliner finished second amongst the club's defensemen in both assists (16) and points (20). He spent the 2019-20 campaign with the Springfield Thunderbirds (AHL), where led all defensemen and finished third on the team in scoring with 32 points (9+23) in 42 games.
In his first full season with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins in 2018-19, Prow, who was named to the AHL All-Star Classic, topped all Penguins skaters with a career-high 50 points on 18 goals and 32 assists while skating in 74 games. His 50 points were tied for third in the AHL amongst all AHL defenseman with former Amerk Zach Redmond.
A native of Sauk Rapids, Minn., Prow has totaled 116 points (32+84) in 220 career AHL games with Springfield and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton while also adding a pair of assists in four contests with the Wheeling Nailers (ECHL).
Prior to turning pro, the 6-foot-0, 183-pound defenseman played four seasons with St. Cloud State University (NCHC), amassing 99 points (19+80) in 149 games from 2012-2016. As a senior in 2015-16, he captained the Huskies to an NCHC championship while earning recognition as NCHC Player of the Year and a nomination as a top-10 finalist for the Hobey Baker Award.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 29, 2021
- Coyotes Sign Fasching to One-Year Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Coyotes Sign Carcone to Two-Year Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Minnesota Wild Agrees to Terms with Forward Brandon Duhaime on a Two-Year Contract - Iowa Wild
- Forward Sasha Mutala Returns to Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Henderson Silver Knights Announce Founding Partnership with Sam & Ash - Henderson Silver Knights
- Canucks Sign Seven Players to Two-Way Contracts - Abbotsford Canucks
- Minnesota Wild Signs Defenseman Kevin Czuczman to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- Sabres Sign Hayden to One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Rafferty, O'Regan, Pateryn and Robinson to Contracts - San Diego Gulls
- Toronto Marlies Sign Forward Jack Kopacka - Toronto Marlies
- Colorado Signs Veteran Forward Dalton Smith - Colorado Eagles
- St. Louis Blues Sign Forwards Matthew Peca, Nathan Todd & Goaltender Charlie Lindgren - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Admirals Sign UW Alum Joseph LaBate - Milwaukee Admirals
- Texas Stars Sign Jeremy Gregoire to AHL Deal - Texas Stars
- Bears Sign Forward Yanick Turcotte to AHL Contract - Hershey Bears
- Sabres Ink Ethan Prow to One-Year Deal - Rochester Americans
- Comings, Goings, on First Day of Free Agency - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Americans Stories
- American Hockey League Postpones Tonight's Rochester-Syracuse Game
- American Hockey League Announces Game Postponements, Schedule Changes
- Amerks Sign Wyatt Ege to Professional Tryout
- Amerks Double up Crunch for Third Straight Win
- Game Recap: Amerks Cruise to 7-3 Win over Bears