Anaheim Ducks Sign Rafferty, O'Regan, Pateryn and Robinson to Contracts
SAN DIEGO - The Anaheim Ducks announced today that the National Hockey League (NHL) club has signed defenseman Brogan Rafferty to a one-year, one-way contract, left wing Danny O'Regan to a two-year, two-way contract, and defenseman Greg Pateryn and right wing Buddy Robinson to one-year, two-way contracts.
Rafferty, 26 (5/28/95), has appeared in three career NHL games with Vancouver, earning his first career point (assist) in his lone contest during the 2020-21 season, Jan. 21 vs. Montreal. He made his NHL debut with the Canucks on Apr. 4, 2019 at Nashville as part of a two-game stint in 2018-19.
The 6-2, 195-pound defenseman spent the majority of 2019-20 with the Utica Comets of the American Hockey League (AHL), scoring 7-38=45 points with a +17 rating in 57 games, ranking tied for fourth among AHL skaters in assists, while leading Utica and all AHL rookies in assists.
A native of West Dundee, Ill., Rafferty was named to the 2019-20 AHL All-Rookie Team and AHL Second All-Star Team, and represented Utica at the 2020 AHL All-Star Classic. Rafferty spent three seasons at Quinnipiac University (ECAC) from 2016-19, registering 10-55=65 points in 116 career NCAA games.
O'Regan, 27 (1/30/94), has scored 1-4=5 points in 25 career NHL games with Buffalo and San Jose. He led the Henderson Silver Knights in scoring (16-21=37) and goals in 37 AHL games in 2020-21. He also scored 3-3=6 points in five playoff contests with Henderson, co-leading the Calder Cup Playoffs in goals and ranking third in scoring.
The 5-10, 185-pound forward has scored 83-138=221 points with a +26 rating in 281 career AHL games with Henderson, Hartford, Rochester and San Jose. In 2016-17 with the San Jose Barracuda, he was named the AHL Rookie of the Year and the AHL All-Rookie Team after leading all rookies with 23-35=58 points.
O'Regan spent four seasons at Boston University, recording 66-88=154 points in 154 games from 2012-16. An American native born in Berlin, Germany, O'Regan represented Team USA at the 2014 World Junior Championship, 2012 U-18 World Championship (gold medal) and 2011 Hlinka Gretzky Cup.
Pateryn, 31 (6/20/90), has appeared in 280 career NHL games with San Jose, Colorado, Minnesota, Dallas and Montreal, recording 4-38=42 points with 168 penalty minutes (PIM). He set career highs in games played (80) in 2018-19 with the Wild, while earning career-bests in time on ice per game (19:37) and blocked shots (155) with the Stars in 2017-18.
The 6-2, 212-pound defenseman combined for three assists in 13 games with Minnesota, Colorado and San Jose in 2020-21. He also appeared in 11 AHL games with Colorado and San Jose (3-0=3). The Sterling Heights, Mich. native has appeared in 175 career AHL games, earning 28-36=64 points with 162 PIM.
Originally selected by Toronto in the fifth round (128th overall), Pateryn spent four seasons at the University of Michigan (Big Ten) from 2008-12, collecting 6-37=43 points with a +44 rating in 142 games.
Robinson, 29 (9/30/91), appeared in nine games with Calgary in 2020-21 and has skated in 21 career NHL games with the Flames and Ottawa Senators, recording 2-1=3 points with a +2 rating and 13 PIM. The 6-6, 232-pound forward is a veteran of 462 career AHL games with Stockton, Manitoba, San Jose and Binghamton, registering 116-134=250 points with a +80 rating and 438 PIM.
A native of Bellmawr, N.J., Robinson has also collected 5-8=13 points in 28 career Calder Cup Playoff games. Robinson scored 13-13& points in 77 NCAA games with Lake Superior State University from 2011-13.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 29, 2021
- Coyotes Sign Fasching to One-Year Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Coyotes Sign Carcone to Two-Year Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Minnesota Wild Agrees to Terms with Forward Brandon Duhaime on a Two-Year Contract - Iowa Wild
- Forward Sasha Mutala Returns to Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Henderson Silver Knights Announce Founding Partnership with Sam & Ash - Henderson Silver Knights
- Canucks Sign Seven Players to Two-Way Contracts - Abbotsford Canucks
- Minnesota Wild Signs Defenseman Kevin Czuczman to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- Sabres Sign Hayden to One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Rafferty, O'Regan, Pateryn and Robinson to Contracts - San Diego Gulls
- Toronto Marlies Sign Forward Jack Kopacka - Toronto Marlies
- Colorado Signs Veteran Forward Dalton Smith - Colorado Eagles
- St. Louis Blues Sign Forwards Matthew Peca, Nathan Todd & Goaltender Charlie Lindgren - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Admirals Sign UW Alum Joseph LaBate - Milwaukee Admirals
- Texas Stars Sign Jeremy Gregoire to AHL Deal - Texas Stars
- Bears Sign Forward Yanick Turcotte to AHL Contract - Hershey Bears
- Sabres Ink Ethan Prow to One-Year Deal - Rochester Americans
- Comings, Goings, on First Day of Free Agency - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Diego Gulls Stories
- San Diego Gulls Announce 2021-22 Preseason Schedule
- San Diego Gulls Announce Update to the 2021-22 Schedule
- San Diego Gulls to Host COVID-19 Vaccination Events
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster for 2021 Rookie Faceoff Tournament
- San Diego Gulls Single-Game Tickets on Sale Now