Forward Sasha Mutala Returns to Colorado
WINDSOR, CO. - The Colorado Eagles, proud AHL affiliate of the Colorado Avalanche, have announced that the team has signed forward Sasha Mutala to an AHL contract for the 2021-22 season. Mutala was selected by Colorado in the fifth round of the 2019 NHL Entry Draft and began his professional career with the Eagles during the 2020-21 campaign, posting one assist in six games. In addition, the 20 year-old notched three goals and one assist in seven ECHL contests with the Utah Grizzlies.
Mutala enjoyed a four-year career at the major junior level with the Tri-City Americans of the WHL. He would wrap up the 2020-21 campaign by registering 20 points in 19 games with the Americans, after generating a career high 28 goals and 67 points during the 2019-20 season. In total, the 6-foot, 200-pound winger collected 65 goals and 89 assists in 217 total WHL contests.
The Colorado Eagles will kick off the home portion of the 2021-22 regular season schedule on Friday, October 22nd when they take on the San Jose Barracuda, with the Budweiser Events Center now open to 100% fan capacity. Season tickets for the 2021-22 season are on sale now and can be secured with a deposit of just $100 per seat by visiting ColoradoEagles.com or by calling the ticket department at (970) 686-7468.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 29, 2021
- Coyotes Sign Fasching to One-Year Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Coyotes Sign Carcone to Two-Year Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Minnesota Wild Agrees to Terms with Forward Brandon Duhaime on a Two-Year Contract - Iowa Wild
- Forward Sasha Mutala Returns to Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Henderson Silver Knights Announce Founding Partnership with Sam & Ash - Henderson Silver Knights
- Canucks Sign Seven Players to Two-Way Contracts - Abbotsford Canucks
- Minnesota Wild Signs Defenseman Kevin Czuczman to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Iowa Wild
- Sabres Sign Hayden to One-Year Contract - Rochester Americans
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Rafferty, O'Regan, Pateryn and Robinson to Contracts - San Diego Gulls
- Toronto Marlies Sign Forward Jack Kopacka - Toronto Marlies
- Colorado Signs Veteran Forward Dalton Smith - Colorado Eagles
- St. Louis Blues Sign Forwards Matthew Peca, Nathan Todd & Goaltender Charlie Lindgren - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Admirals Sign UW Alum Joseph LaBate - Milwaukee Admirals
- Texas Stars Sign Jeremy Gregoire to AHL Deal - Texas Stars
- Bears Sign Forward Yanick Turcotte to AHL Contract - Hershey Bears
- Sabres Ink Ethan Prow to One-Year Deal - Rochester Americans
- Comings, Goings, on First Day of Free Agency - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Silver Knights Announce Time Change for Eagles Game at Henderson
- Eagles Sign Trio to AHL Two-Way Contracts
- Barracuda Announce Date Change for Eagles Game at San Jose
- Eagles Extend Contracts of Cronin, Coaching Staff
- Colorado to Host San Jose in Pair of Preseason Games