Mavs Shutout for First Time All Season, Lose 4-0 to Indy
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Kansas City Mavericks were shutout by the Indy Fuel 4-0 Tuesday night at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. The Mavericks now head south for three games in the state of Florida over the next eight days starting with a weekend set in Estero, Florida at the Hertz Arena with the Florida Everblades.
-No goals were scored in the period.
-The Mavericks outshot the Fuel in the period, 9-7.
-Indy scored the first goal of the game on a goal from Bobby MacIntyre (6) at the 15:11 mark of the second. Spencer Watson and Keoni Texeira assisted on the goal.
-The Mavericks again outshot the Fuel in the period, 10-8.
-The Fuel doubled their lead at the 9:51 mark of the third period on a goal by Liam Coughlin (2). Watson and Tim Shoup assisted on the goal.
-Indy took a commanding 3-0 lead on a goal by Derian Plouffe (5) with seven minutes and 10 seconds left in regulation. McIntyre assisted on the goal.
-Indy added another goal by Sam Kurker at the 17:24 mark of the third to make it 4-0. Plouffe and Craig Wyszominski assisted on the goal.
Notes & Streaks
-The Mavericks have lost back to back games in regulation for the first time since November 19 (4-2 loss vs. Allen Americans) and November 23 (4-2 loss at Idaho Steelheads).
-This was the first time the Mavericks were shutout this season.
The Mavericks now head south for three games in the Sunshine State over the next week, first against the Florida Everblades on Friday and Saturday at Hertz Arena in Estero, Florida then travelling to Orlando, Florida to face the Orlando Solar Bears at Amway Center on Wednesday, December 18. The Mavs then return home on Friday, December 20 to face the Utah Grizzlies at 7:05 p.m. at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 11, 2019
- Game Preview: Everblades at IceMen, December 11, 2019 - Jacksonville IceMen
- IceMen Bring Back Defenseman Chase Harrison - Jacksonville IceMen
- IceMen Rally Falls Short in 3-2 Loss to Everblades - Jacksonville IceMen
- Cyclones Overcome Two-Goal Deficit to Win in Overtime - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Wings Pick up a Point in Overtime Loss - Kalamazoo Wings
- Hunted to Hunter: Garlent's Goal Gives 'Blades 3-2 Win - Florida Everblades
- Bonar Sharp as Glads Frustrate Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Swamp Rabbits Fall to Atlanta - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Receive Forward Alex Tonge from Everblades - Adirondack Thunder
- Klima and Hancock Assigned to Rush - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Transactions - December 11 - ECHL
- Forward Mikael Hakkarainen Assigned to Indy - Indy Fuel
- Mariners to Offer "Skate and Scarf" Packages for Holiday Games - Maine Mariners
- AHL's Admirals Assign Forward Joe Pendenza to Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Komets at Idaho for Three-Game Visit - Fort Wayne Komets
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Growlers Pregame Notes: December 11 vs. Utah Grizzlies - Newfoundland Growlers
- Travis Barron and Josh Anderson Return to Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Gropp, Racine Headed to AHL - Maine Mariners
- Game Notes: vs Wheeling - Rapid City Rush
- Pope and Sorenson Return from Utica - Kalamazoo Wings
- Americans Down Thunder 5-1 - Allen Americans
- Charles Williams Earns Second Shutout this Season in 4-0 Win over the Mavericks - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Shutout for First Time All Season, Lose 4-0 to Indy - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.