Komets at Idaho for Three-Game Visit
Fort Wayne, IN - The Komets continue on the road this week after splitting a pair of games last week. Friday, Dec. 6 the Komets shutout the Oilers at Tulsa 1-0 before dropping a 5-1 affair at Kansas City Saturday night, Dec. 7.
This week the Komets are in Boise, Idaho, for a three-game visit against the Steelheads starting with a 9:10 ET faceoff tonight at the CenturyLink Arena (5,006). After tonight, the Komets face Idaho Friday and Saturday at 9:10 ET each night. It will be the very first meetings in the history of the Komets against Idaho. The Steelheads also make their Fort Wayne debut in January when Idaho visits for games Jan. 10th and 12th, completing a five-game season series.
Idaho is coming off a three game home series against Allen where they were 1-1-1 against the Americans. The Steelheads are 1-3-1 in their last five games and are 12-8-5 for 27 points and third place in the Mountain Division after 25 games.
Next home game is Friday, Dec. 20 when the Komets return home for a weekend double-header. Indy visits for Teddy Bear Toss Night Friday and Cincinnati returns Saturday, Dec. 21 for Kids Seat Free Night and Nickelodeon Night.
Komets on ice:
Wednesday, Dec. 11.....Game at Idaho, 9:10pm ET
Friday, Dec. 13.....Game at Idaho, 9:10pm ET
Saturday, Dec. 14.....Game at Idaho, 9:10pm ET
Tuesday, Dec. 17.....Practice at the Icehouse, 10am-11:30am
Wednesday, Dec. 18.....Practice at the Coliseum, 9:30am-11:30am
Thursday, Dec. 19..... Practice at the Coliseum, 9:30am-11:30am
Loewen reassigned to Fort Wayne-- Forward Jermaine Loewen has returned to the Fort Wayne lineup after a reassignment by the AHL's Chicago Wolves. Loewen has previously skated four games with the Komets scoring a goal, two points and four penalty minutes. The skater also has appeared in 16 games with the Wolves dishing an assist and accumulating 27 penalty minutes.
Komet hockey on WOWO-- Fans can follow the action with Shane Albahrani broadcasting play-by-play on WOWO AM 1190 and FM 107.5. Game broadcasts are also streamed live at Komets.com.
Get Komet Tickets-- Single game tickets are on sale at the Coliseum Ticket Office. Discounted group ticket packages are also available at the Komet office at 1010 Memorial Way in Fort Wayne. Also on sale are Flex Tickets, perfect as gifts and can be redeemed for tickets to any regular season game. For more information call 260-483-0011 or visit Komets.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 11, 2019
- Game Preview: Everblades at IceMen, December 11, 2019 - Jacksonville IceMen
- IceMen Bring Back Defenseman Chase Harrison - Jacksonville IceMen
- IceMen Rally Falls Short in 3-2 Loss to Everblades - Jacksonville IceMen
- Cyclones Overcome Two-Goal Deficit to Win in Overtime - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Wings Pick up a Point in Overtime Loss - Kalamazoo Wings
- Hunted to Hunter: Garlent's Goal Gives 'Blades 3-2 Win - Florida Everblades
- Bonar Sharp as Glads Frustrate Greenville - Atlanta Gladiators
- Swamp Rabbits Fall to Atlanta - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Receive Forward Alex Tonge from Everblades - Adirondack Thunder
- Klima and Hancock Assigned to Rush - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Transactions - December 11 - ECHL
- Forward Mikael Hakkarainen Assigned to Indy - Indy Fuel
- Mariners to Offer "Skate and Scarf" Packages for Holiday Games - Maine Mariners
- AHL's Admirals Assign Forward Joe Pendenza to Everblades - Florida Everblades
- Komets at Idaho for Three-Game Visit - Fort Wayne Komets
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Growlers Pregame Notes: December 11 vs. Utah Grizzlies - Newfoundland Growlers
- Travis Barron and Josh Anderson Return to Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Gropp, Racine Headed to AHL - Maine Mariners
- Game Notes: vs Wheeling - Rapid City Rush
- Pope and Sorenson Return from Utica - Kalamazoo Wings
- Americans Down Thunder 5-1 - Allen Americans
- Charles Williams Earns Second Shutout this Season in 4-0 Win over the Mavericks - Indy Fuel
- Mavs Shutout for First Time All Season, Lose 4-0 to Indy - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Komets Stories
- Week 15 Yields Three Points for Komets; Seven-Game Road Tour Starts Friday
- Komets Acquire Veteran Defenseman Verpaelst
- Komets Hall of Fame to Expand; Emrick, Schrock to be Inducted into Class of 2020
- Komets Collect Two Points for Week 14; Visit Cincinnati Friday, Toledo Here Saturday
- Komets Announce Roster Moves