Mavericks Leading Point-Scorer Announced as Player of the Week
INDEPENDENCE, MO (Nov. 3, 2015) - Missouri Mavericks leading point-scorer, Tyler Barnes, was announced as the Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week on Tuesday afternoon for his standout performance for the Mavs for the week of Oct. 26th through Nov. 1st.
Tyler Barnes of the Missouri Mavericks is the Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week for Oct. 26-Nov. 1.
Barnes scored two goals and added four assists for six points in three games last week.
The 25-year-old had three points (1g-2a) in a 5-2 win over Quad City on"Tuesday, tallied two assists in a 4-3 shootout loss at Tulsa on Friday and scored a goal in a 2-1 loss at Allen on"Saturday.
A native of Burnsville, Minn., Barnes is tied for fourth in the ECHL with nine points (3g-6a) through eight games.
Under contract to Bridgeport of the American Hockey League, Barnes has 82 points (37g-45a) in 79 career ECHL games with"Missouri and Toledo. Last season, he was named ECHL"Rookie of the Year after leading all rookies with 34 goals and 74 points.
Prior to turning pro, Barnes played four seasons at the University of Wisconsin, totaling 101 points (45g-56a) in 152 games. Prior to joining the Badgers, he spent two seasons with Waterloo of the USHL.
On behalf of Tyler Barnes, a case of pucks will be donated to a Missouri youth hockey organization by Sher-Wood Hockey, the exclusive puck supplier of the ECHL. Since beginning its sponsorship of the award in 2000-01, Sher-Wood Hockey has donated more than 33,000 pucks to youth hockey organizations in ECHL cities.
Runners Up: Johnny McInnis, Orlando (3 gp, 3g 2a, 5 pts.) and Peter Sakaris, Wichita (2 gp, 3g, 2a, 5 pts.).
Also Nominated: Spiro Goulakos (Elmira), Jordon Southorn (Fort Wayne), Peter Schneider (Indy), Alexis Loiseau (Norfolk), Guillaume Gelinas (Quad City), Joe Devin (South"Carolina), Shane Berschbach (Toledo) and"Matt Berry (Utah).
The Mavericks play their next game on the road at the iWireless Center in Moline, IL when they face the Quad City Mallards for a Wednesday night match-up on Nov. 4 at 7:05p.m. The Mavs play at home on Saturday, Nov. 7 when they host the Wichita Thunder at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena. Tickets are available online at TicketMaster.com and in-person at the arena box office.
The Mavs annual Adopt-A-Mav live auction will take place directly after the game on Saturday, Nov. 7th in sections 101 & 102. Adopt-A-Mav families gain access to exclusive events and benefits all season long with the Mavs. All fans are welcome bid the player of their choice for the opportunity to join in on the fun! Visit MissouriMavericks.com for more information.
Fans are encouraged to download the Mavericks new mobile app update for free on their apple and android devices to listen to all the action live on game-day.
Rock and Brews in Overland Park, KS and The Blue Line in downtown Kansas City, MO are the Missouri Mavericks official watch party locations for the 2015-16 ECHL season! Watch your team on the road with your fellow Mavs fans at these locations for every away game this season.
Images from this story
Tyler Barnes of the Missouri Mavericks
(John Howe, Howe Creative Photography)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 3, 2015
- Americans Open Road Trip with 3-1 Loss - Allen Americans
- Kremyr's Three-Point Night Pushes Oilers Past Americans - Tulsa Oilers
- Game Day: Adirondack at Kalamazoo - Adirondack Thunder
- Vanecek Earns First Pro Shutout in 2-0 Win over Florida - South Carolina Stingrays
- Stingrays Hold off Everblades 2-0 - Florida Everblades
- Admirals Send Mallards Packing and Gear up for Three-In-Three - Norfolk Admirals
- Archibald to Utica, Fox Returns to K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Americans Begin Three-Game Road Trip Tonight in Tulsa - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - November 3 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Download Mallards App for Free Ticket to Tomorrow Night's Game - Quad City Mallards
- Mike Condon Named ECHL Alumnus of the Month - Wheeling Nailers
- No Shave November: Thunder Partner with Movember Foundation - Wichita Thunder
- Condon Named MeiGray Group ECHL Alumnus of the Month - ECHL
- Beast Sign Top NCAA Goaltender Sarjeant - Brampton Beast
- Steelheads Announce Military Appreciation Night and St. Luke's Jersey Auction - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavericks Leading Point-Scorer Announced as Player of the Week - Kansas City Mavericks
- Missouri's Barnes Named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Game Preview: Tulsa vs. Allen - Tonight at 7:05 p.m. - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears Goalie Madore Recalled to Marlies - Orlando Solar Bears
- Bunting Recalled to Springfield - Rapid City Rush
- Kalamazoo's Martin Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Joel Martin Named CCM ECHL Goalie of the Week - Kalamazoo Wings
- Preview: Education Day vs Indy - Evansville IceMen
- Monarchs Loan Angeli to Portland - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Today - November 3 - ECHL
- Idaho Edges Utah 2-1 - Utah Grizzlies
- Desrosiers, Third Period Surge Push Steelheads Past Utah - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.