Mavericks Add Right Wing Brett Stovin
INDEPENDENCE, MO (March 28, 2015)- The Missouri Mavericks announced Saturday afternoon that they have activated right wing Brett Stovin ahead of their home game against the Wichita Thunder at Independence Events Center.
"Brett is a talented young skater with great numbers in the juniors, we're very excited to add him to our lineup and see what he can do at this level," said Richard Matvichuk, Head Coach & Director of Hockey Operations for the Missouri Mavericks.
Stovin has spent the past five seasons playing for the Saskatoon Blades of the Western Hockey League (WHL)-one of three major junior leagues in the Canadian Hockey League (CHL). During his 2014-15 campaign with the Blades, the twenty year old Stony Mountain, Manitoba native tallied 29 goals and 21 assists through 72 games.
Stovin will make his professional debut for the Mavericks tonight wearing number twenty-one.
The Mavericks play their next game at home on Saturday night at Independence Events Center when they host the Wichita Thunder for a 7:05pm (CST) contest. The Mavericks annual Fan Appreciation Night on Saturday evening means every fan in attendance is a winner! Join the Mavs for a night of great prizes and stay for the post-game jersey auction to bid on the warm-up jerseys worn before every Missouri home game this season.
Single game tickets are available online at TicketMaster.com or in-person at the Silverstein Eye Centers Box Office at Independence Events Center. Limited tickets remain; get yours before they are gone!
2015-16 Missouri Mavericks Season Tickets are ON SALE NOW! Visit MissouriMavericks.com for more information on how you can be a part of more Mavs hockey next season! Call the Mavericks office at 816-252-7825 to speak with a ticket sales representative and place your $50 per seat deposit! GO MAVS!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 28, 2015
- Eagles Shot Down by Martin, Wings, 2-1 - Colorado Eagles
- Martin ties K-Wings' team record for saves in a game in victory over Eagles - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavericks Silence Thunder 5-2 Missouri Captures Big Win Over Central Division Rival - Kansas City Mavericks
- Thunder End Road Schedule with Loss at Missouri - Wichita Thunder
- Nailers Drive into Victory Lane against Royals - Wheeling Nailers
- Lukin Gets 300th Point in Thriller against Toledo - Evansville IceMen
- Oilers Capture Precious Point in 3-2 Overtime Loss to Americans - Tulsa Oilers
- Fuel Snap Stingrays' Streak with 3-2 Win - Indy Fuel
- St. Croix Scores Twice to Propel Warriors Past Glads - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Komets Rally Past Cyclones in OT, 4-3 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Record-Breaking Winning Streak Comes to a Close as Stingrays Fall to Fuel - South Carolina Stingrays
- Elmira Enjoys Pink in the Rink But Falls to Florida - Elmira Jackals
- Road Warriors Rock Glads, 5-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades Close Road Trip with 3-1 Win over Jackals - Florida Everblades
- Mavericks Add Right Wing Brett Stovin - Kansas City Mavericks
- Royals Sign Forward Zach Frischmon - Reading Royals
- IceMen Add a Pair from Canisius - Evansville IceMen
- Stingrays Add Goaltender Keegan Asmundson - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - March 28 - ECHL
- Preview: Warriors Hit the Road to Face Gwinnett Tonight - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Buzzeo Signs with Gwinnett - Atlanta Gladiators
- Condors vs. Ontario - Hockey-Thon, Alumni Game, Team Card Sets - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign at Bakersfield Condors - Ontario Reign
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Fort Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Thunder Seek Revenge against Alaska - Stockton Thunder
- Countdown to Face-Off: Kalamazoo Wings at Colorado Eagles - Kalamazoo Wings
- Nailers vs. Royals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Jackals Face Florida in 2nd Annual Pink in the Rink - Elmira Jackals
- Gladiators Game Preview: Road Warriors at Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Today - March 28 - ECHL
- Connolly, Francis hat tricks help tie Aces record with 10 goals - Alaska Aces
- The Royal Road Ahead: Reading Royals at Wheeling Nailers - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Atlanta's Late Goals Haunt Mavericks, KC Downed 4-3
- Durocher's Hat Trick Not Enough in Mavericks 5-3 Loss at South Carolina
- Mavericks Can't Contain Greenville, Drop Second Game of Road Trip 5-3
- Mavs Monday: East Coast Road Trip
- Mavericks Falter in Third Period, Fall 6-2 to Tulsa