Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Club America
ATLANTA - Atlanta United will face Club América Wednesday night at Exploria Stadium in the second leg of the Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinals. The match is set to kick-off at 8 p.m. ET and will be nationally broadcast on FS2 and TUDN in the United States.
For all statistics and media information, please visit our Media Resources page and Game Notes. MLS Media Assets can be found here.
Atlanta trails Club América 3-0 after the first leg, which was played at Estadio Azteca in Mexico City on March 11.
Atlanta is 1-1-0 against Club América, defeating Las Ãguilas in the 2019 Campeones Cup 3-2 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Atlanta is 2-2-0 all-time against Liga MX teams. The club defeated Monterrey in the second leg of the 2019 SCCL Quarterfinals but lost the tie 3-1 on aggregate to the eventual champions. Atlanta is 3-3-1 all-time in CCL play.
Club América finished third in the Torneo Guardianes 2020 regular season and is coming off a quarterfinal exit in the playoffs of the competition, losing 3-1 to Guadalajara on aggregate.
Las Ãguilas have won a record 13 Liga MX titles and a record seven CCL titles, having last won the CCL in 2016.
Atlanta defeated FC Motagua 4-1 on aggregate in the Round of 16 with two goals each from Josef Martinez and Pity MartÃnez to advance to the quarterfinals for the second consecutive year.
Four Atlanta Untied 2 players have signed Short Term Agreements and will be available in the competition: Erik Lopez, Phillip Goodrum, Jack Gurr and Ben Lundgaard.
Wednesday, Dec. 16 | Exploria Stadium, Orlando, FL | 8 p.m. (ET)
Atlanta United (0) vs. Club América (3)
TV | FS2, TUDN in U.S.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 15, 2020
- Win Doesn't Save Impact - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC Trades Jamal Miller to Montreal - Austin FC
- Austin FC Selects Young Players in 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - MLS
- LAFC Faces Cruz Azul Tomorrow in SCCL Quarterfinals - Los Angeles FC
- Brady Scott Selected by Austin FC in 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - Nashville SC
- Jared Stroud Selected in MLS Expansion Draft - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Forward Danny Hoesen Selected in 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - San Jose Earthquakes
- Impact Acquires Centre Back Kamal Miller from Austin FC - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC Selects Defender Kamal Miller in 2020 Expansion Draft - Orlando City SC
- 2020 Year in Review: Top Community Moments - Colorado Rapids
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Club America - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC, Kaiser Permanente, adidas and U.S. Soccer Foundation Prepare for Students Eventual Return to Schools with New Futsal Courts - Los Angeles FC
- Austin FC to Select up to Five Players in MLS Expansion Draft - MLS
- Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride Named to Front Office Sports' Best Employers in Sports - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Raising $20,000 to Supply Holiday Relief Kits for Farmworker Families in Salinas - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Dallas Announces End of Year Awards in Club's 25th MLS Season - FC Dallas
- Charlotte Football Club Names Nick Kelly President - Charlotte FC
- Rapids Sign Club's Two-Time Defender of the Year Lalas Abubakar to New Contract - Colorado Rapids
- FC Cincinnati Hire Meg Ryan as Chief Marketing Officer - FC Cincinnati
- Atlanta United Signs Four Players to Short-Term Agreements - Atlanta United FC
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl Canceled - FC Dallas
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United Signs Defender Alan Franco
- Atlanta United Wins 1-0 vs. LD Alajuelense in Leg One of Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16
- Atlanta United Signs Rocco Rios Novo to Short Term Agreement
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. LD Alajuelense
- Atlanta United Signs Jack Gurr