Brady Scott Selected by Austin FC in 2020 MLS Expansion Draft
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Austin FC selected Brady Scott from Nashville Soccer Club with the third pick in the 2020 MLS Expansion Draft today. In exchange, Nashville SC will receive $50,000 in General Allocation Money and will be exempt for the 2021 MLS Expansion Draft.
Transaction:â¯â¯Austin FC selects Goalkeeper Brady Scott in the 2020 MLS Expansion Draft. Nashville SC receives $50,000 in General Allocation Money, will be exempt for the 2021 MLS Expansion Draft.
Birthdate: June 30, 1999
Previous club: FC KÃ¶ln (Germany)
2020 EXPANSION DRAFT SELECTIONS
Danny Hoesen, Forward from the San Jose Earthquakes
Jared Stroud, Midfielder from the New York Red Bulls
Brady Scott, Goalkeeper from Nashville SC
Joe Corona, Midfielder from LA Galaxy
Kamal Miller, Defender from Orlando City SC
UPCOMING OFFSEASON ROSTER MOVE MECHANISMS:
The next round of Major League Soccer offseason roster move mechanisms begins tomorrow, Dec. 16 with MLS Free Agency opening at noon CT. Clubs may engage with players, other than their own, who are out-of-contract and option-declined players who are at least 24 years old and who have completed a minimum of five service years.
The Re-Entry Process (Stage 1) will take place on Dec. 17. The process is conducted in reverse order of 2020 season finish, considering postseason performance. Nashville SC holds the 14th pick.
The Re-Entry Process, Stage 2 takes place on Dec. 22 and is conducted in the same order as Stage 1. It consists of MLS players who were not selected in the Stage 1. If a player is selected, the drafting club will be required to make a genuine offer to the player within seven days.
If an agreement cannot be reached between the drafting club and the player, the drafting club will hold the Right of First Refusal for that player in MLS. Clubs may not select their own draft-eligible players in Stage Two until all other Clubs have declined selecting such players.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 15, 2020
- Win Doesn't Save Impact - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC Trades Jamal Miller to Montreal - Austin FC
- Austin FC Selects Young Players in 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - MLS
- LAFC Faces Cruz Azul Tomorrow in SCCL Quarterfinals - Los Angeles FC
- Brady Scott Selected by Austin FC in 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - Nashville SC
- Jared Stroud Selected in MLS Expansion Draft - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Forward Danny Hoesen Selected in 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - San Jose Earthquakes
- Impact Acquires Centre Back Kamal Miller from Austin FC - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC Selects Defender Kamal Miller in 2020 Expansion Draft - Orlando City SC
- 2020 Year in Review: Top Community Moments - Colorado Rapids
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Club America - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC, Kaiser Permanente, adidas and U.S. Soccer Foundation Prepare for Students Eventual Return to Schools with New Futsal Courts - Los Angeles FC
- Austin FC to Select up to Five Players in MLS Expansion Draft - MLS
- Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride Named to Front Office Sports' Best Employers in Sports - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Raising $20,000 to Supply Holiday Relief Kits for Farmworker Families in Salinas - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Dallas Announces End of Year Awards in Club's 25th MLS Season - FC Dallas
- Charlotte Football Club Names Nick Kelly President - Charlotte FC
- Rapids Sign Club's Two-Time Defender of the Year Lalas Abubakar to New Contract - Colorado Rapids
- FC Cincinnati Hire Meg Ryan as Chief Marketing Officer - FC Cincinnati
- Atlanta United Signs Four Players to Short-Term Agreements - Atlanta United FC
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl Canceled - FC Dallas
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Continues Road Swing against Inter Miami CFÃÂ
- Nashville SC Remains Second in the Eastern ConferenceÃÂ
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Returns to Canada to Face Toronto FCÃÂ
- Nashville Soccer Club Youth Academy Set to Begin Inaugural Season
- Nashville SC Shows Star Power, Team Grit in Road Win at CF MontréalÃÂ