Impact Acquires Centre Back Kamal Miller from Austin FC
MONTREAL - The Montreal Impact announced on Tuesday the acquisition of 23-year-old Canadian centre back Kamal Miller from Austin FC, in return for $225,000 in 2021 General Allocation Money, a 2021 MLS SuperDraft first round pick, and $50,000 in conditional 2021 General Allocation Money.
"We are happy with the acquisition of this young Canadian international, who had a great 2020 season," said Impact sporting director Olivier Renard. "Kamal is a left-footed defender with a different style than what we already have at this position."
Austin FC selected Kamal Miller in the 2020 Expansion Draft on Tuesday, as he was left unprotected by Orlando City SC.
He spent two seasons in 2019 and 2020 with Orlando City SC, playing 28 games, including 23 starts, in the MLS regular season, for a total of 2,155 minutes of play, as well as two MLS playoff games, including one start, for a total of 121 minutes of play. He also played five games with the Canadian men's national team, including four starts.
The Canadian defender was selected 27th in the 2019 SuperDraft by Orlando City SC. He previously played 78 games with Syracuse University.
Transaction: the Montreal Impact acquired Kamal Miller from Austin FC, in return for $225,000 in 2021 General Allocation Money, a 2021 MLS SuperDraft first round pick and $50,000 in conditional 2021 General Allocation Money.
Weight: 185 lbs
Birthdate: May 16, 1997, Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Previous Club: Austin FC (MLS)
Acquired: December 15, 2020
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 15, 2020
- Win Doesn't Save Impact - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC Trades Jamal Miller to Montreal - Austin FC
- Austin FC Selects Young Players in 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - MLS
- LAFC Faces Cruz Azul Tomorrow in SCCL Quarterfinals - Los Angeles FC
- Brady Scott Selected by Austin FC in 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - Nashville SC
- Jared Stroud Selected in MLS Expansion Draft - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Forward Danny Hoesen Selected in 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - San Jose Earthquakes
- Impact Acquires Centre Back Kamal Miller from Austin FC - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC Selects Defender Kamal Miller in 2020 Expansion Draft - Orlando City SC
- 2020 Year in Review: Top Community Moments - Colorado Rapids
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Club America - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC, Kaiser Permanente, adidas and U.S. Soccer Foundation Prepare for Students Eventual Return to Schools with New Futsal Courts - Los Angeles FC
- Austin FC to Select up to Five Players in MLS Expansion Draft - MLS
- Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride Named to Front Office Sports' Best Employers in Sports - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Raising $20,000 to Supply Holiday Relief Kits for Farmworker Families in Salinas - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Dallas Announces End of Year Awards in Club's 25th MLS Season - FC Dallas
- Charlotte Football Club Names Nick Kelly President - Charlotte FC
- Rapids Sign Club's Two-Time Defender of the Year Lalas Abubakar to New Contract - Colorado Rapids
- FC Cincinnati Hire Meg Ryan as Chief Marketing Officer - FC Cincinnati
- Atlanta United Signs Four Players to Short-Term Agreements - Atlanta United FC
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl Canceled - FC Dallas
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Club de Foot Montreal Stories
- CF Montréal Tops HFX Wanderers FC 3-1
- CF Montréal Takes on the HFX Wanderers FC Wednesday Night in Halifax
- CF Montréal Announce Three Additions to the First Team Coaching Staff
- CF Montréal Take 2-0 Win over Chicago
- CF Montréal Faces Chicago Fire FC Sunday Afternoon at Stade Saputo