Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride Named to Front Office Sports' Best Employers in Sports
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC and the Orlando Pride have been named to the Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports Class of 2020, presented by FEVO, it was announced on Monday. The Club serves as one of 25 organizations named in the 2020 class.
"We are very proud to receive this honor from Front Office Sports," Orlando City CEO Alex Leitão said. "In what has been a very difficult year, as a Club we continued to persevere and were able to bring soccer back to Orlando through the hard work, dedication, and passion of our staff. To be the only soccer team named to this list is a huge accomplishment and it could not have been done without the work of everyone at our Club."
Throughout the course of 2020, Orlando City SC has exemplified itself as an employer of choice and community partner. The Club was integral in bringing Major League Soccer (MLS) safely back to play, while showcasing Orlando on the local, national and international stage. Whether it was developing unique watch parties, the "Pride Stan" Twitter account, donating masks and food to frontline workers, or opening two new training facilities, the Club continued to make history culminated by hosting two historic MLS playoff matches.
When faced with the unprecedented challenges that 2020 brought, the Club's operations team set a standard for many organizations with a comprehensive plan to safely re-open the Club's offices, training grounds and Exploria Stadium to a limited number of fans to host matches and other world class events, all while prioritizing health and safety.
Established a year ago, the Best Employers in Sports Award presented by FEVO recognizes organizations that are committed to their employees. In a year unlike any other, those awarded were considered by a number of factors, including but not limited to leadership, diversity and inclusion and the handling of the COVID-19 pandemic. In its second year, just 25 organizations received this recognition - the top 5% of those considered.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 15, 2020
- Win Doesn't Save Impact - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC Trades Jamal Miller to Montreal - Austin FC
- Austin FC Selects Young Players in 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - MLS
- LAFC Faces Cruz Azul Tomorrow in SCCL Quarterfinals - Los Angeles FC
- Brady Scott Selected by Austin FC in 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - Nashville SC
- Jared Stroud Selected in MLS Expansion Draft - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Forward Danny Hoesen Selected in 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - San Jose Earthquakes
- Impact Acquires Centre Back Kamal Miller from Austin FC - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC Selects Defender Kamal Miller in 2020 Expansion Draft - Orlando City SC
- 2020 Year in Review: Top Community Moments - Colorado Rapids
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Club America - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC, Kaiser Permanente, adidas and U.S. Soccer Foundation Prepare for Students Eventual Return to Schools with New Futsal Courts - Los Angeles FC
- Austin FC to Select up to Five Players in MLS Expansion Draft - MLS
- Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride Named to Front Office Sports' Best Employers in Sports - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Raising $20,000 to Supply Holiday Relief Kits for Farmworker Families in Salinas - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Dallas Announces End of Year Awards in Club's 25th MLS Season - FC Dallas
- Charlotte Football Club Names Nick Kelly President - Charlotte FC
- Rapids Sign Club's Two-Time Defender of the Year Lalas Abubakar to New Contract - Colorado Rapids
- FC Cincinnati Hire Meg Ryan as Chief Marketing Officer - FC Cincinnati
- Atlanta United Signs Four Players to Short-Term Agreements - Atlanta United FC
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl Canceled - FC Dallas
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City SC Signs 2021 MLS SuperDraft Selection Rio Hope-Gund
- Orlando City SC Signs Midfielder Raul Aguilera as Club's 10th All-Time Homegrown
- Orlando City SC Defender Kyle Smith Inked to New Deal
- City Extends Multi-Year Partnership with FOX 35/FOX 35 PLUS
- Orlando City SC Extends Multi-Year Partnership with FOX 35/FOX 35 PLUS