FC Cincinnati Hire Meg Ryan as Chief Marketing Officer
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati announced today the hiring of Megan Ryan as the Club's new Chief Marketing Officer. Ryan, who will report to President Jeff Berding, will directly oversee team branding, advertising, communications, promotions and marketing.
"We welcome Meg to Cincinnati and look forward to her strategic leadership and innovation as we prepare for our 2021 season and the opening of our fantastic new West End Stadium," said President Jeff Berding. "We conducted an extensive national search for this newly created position and found Meg's sports marketing experience, game presentation background, and growth mindset to be the perfect mix needed to refresh our brand and ensure our marketing and communications efforts represent our fans and community."
Ryan joins the MLS side after working for a pair of NBA franchises in Atlanta and Denver. Ryan spent the last two seasons with Kroenke Sports and Entertainment, where she served as Vice President of Marketing for the Denver Nuggets. In the Mile High City, Ryan's development and execution of a new brand positioning was instrumental in the team's revamped game experience, promotions, uniform development, and in market activations. Prior to her time in Denver, she served as Vice President of Marketing Strategy for the Atlanta Hawks.
"As an Ohio native and lifelong soccer fan, I'm absolutely thrilled to hit the ground running with FC Cincinnati," Ryan said. "The ownership group's vision, leadership and drive to make this club a pillar the city can rally behind for generations to come is something special."
"As we embark on opening West End Stadium for the world to see, I will take great pride in ensuring the legacy of the city, team, and supporters are front and center at all times. It's an exciting time to be in Cincinnati, and I'm ready to get started."
Ryan has previously received national acclaim from Sports Illustrated, Bleacher Report and other major outlets for her social media leadership while in Atlanta, and has been recognized as a speaker at the World AR& VR Conference, Denver Sports Marketing Summit and Colorado Marketing Summit. She was named one of the 50 Women You Need to Know in MarTech, and was named to the 40 under 40 Class for Brand Innovators.
The national search for CMO was led by Turnkey.
For up-to-the-minute information about FC Cincinnati, visit the team's official website at fccincinnati.com, or follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @FCCincinnati. Additionally, fans are encouraged to download the team's official mobile app on the Apple App Store or Google Play for instant access to mobile tickets, team content and match notifications.
Information about seating options at the club's state-of-the-art West End Stadium - which will open in Spring 2021 - is now available at westendstadium.com. For more information about 2021 season memberships, visit westendstadium.com or the stadium's social properties on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram at @WestEndStadium, or by calling the team's sales and service staff at 513-977-5425.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 15, 2020
- Win Doesn't Save Impact - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC Trades Jamal Miller to Montreal - Austin FC
- Austin FC Selects Young Players in 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - MLS
- LAFC Faces Cruz Azul Tomorrow in SCCL Quarterfinals - Los Angeles FC
- Brady Scott Selected by Austin FC in 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - Nashville SC
- Jared Stroud Selected in MLS Expansion Draft - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Forward Danny Hoesen Selected in 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - San Jose Earthquakes
- Impact Acquires Centre Back Kamal Miller from Austin FC - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC Selects Defender Kamal Miller in 2020 Expansion Draft - Orlando City SC
- 2020 Year in Review: Top Community Moments - Colorado Rapids
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Club America - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC, Kaiser Permanente, adidas and U.S. Soccer Foundation Prepare for Students Eventual Return to Schools with New Futsal Courts - Los Angeles FC
- Austin FC to Select up to Five Players in MLS Expansion Draft - MLS
- Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride Named to Front Office Sports' Best Employers in Sports - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Raising $20,000 to Supply Holiday Relief Kits for Farmworker Families in Salinas - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Dallas Announces End of Year Awards in Club's 25th MLS Season - FC Dallas
- Charlotte Football Club Names Nick Kelly President - Charlotte FC
- Rapids Sign Club's Two-Time Defender of the Year Lalas Abubakar to New Contract - Colorado Rapids
- FC Cincinnati Hire Meg Ryan as Chief Marketing Officer - FC Cincinnati
- Atlanta United Signs Four Players to Short-Term Agreements - Atlanta United FC
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl Canceled - FC Dallas
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Acquire General Allocation Money, SuperDraft Selection from LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati Sign Defender Avionne Flanagan
- FC Cincinnati Acquire Defender Gustavo Vallecilla on Loan from Ecuadorian Side SD Aucas
- FC Cincinnati Acquire Winger Isaac Atanga from Danish Club FC Nordsjaelland
- 2021 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Qualification Announced