Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl Canceled
Frisco, TX - Due to COVID-19 protocols now in effect within the Southern Methodist University (SMU) football program, the 2020 Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl has been canceled.
"While we are disappointed in having to cancel the game, our top priority is the health and safety of all parties involved," said Clint Overby, vice president of ESPN Events. "We wish SMU, their student-athletes, coaches and administrators well during this time."
With the event's cancellation, University of Texas San Antonio (UTSA) will now play in the SERVPRO First Responder Bowl on Saturday, Dec. 26, at 3:30 p.m. ET on ABC. UTSA's opponent will be announced in the coming days.
Tickets purchased for the Frisco Bowl will be refunded automatically. Refunds will be processed immediately, but could take up to five business days to receive, depending on banking institution.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 15, 2020
- Win Doesn't Save Impact - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC Trades Jamal Miller to Montreal - Austin FC
- Austin FC Selects Young Players in 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - MLS
- LAFC Faces Cruz Azul Tomorrow in SCCL Quarterfinals - Los Angeles FC
- Brady Scott Selected by Austin FC in 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - Nashville SC
- Jared Stroud Selected in MLS Expansion Draft - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Forward Danny Hoesen Selected in 2020 MLS Expansion Draft - San Jose Earthquakes
- Impact Acquires Centre Back Kamal Miller from Austin FC - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC Selects Defender Kamal Miller in 2020 Expansion Draft - Orlando City SC
- 2020 Year in Review: Top Community Moments - Colorado Rapids
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Club America - Atlanta United FC
- LAFC, Kaiser Permanente, adidas and U.S. Soccer Foundation Prepare for Students Eventual Return to Schools with New Futsal Courts - Los Angeles FC
- Austin FC to Select up to Five Players in MLS Expansion Draft - MLS
- Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride Named to Front Office Sports' Best Employers in Sports - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Raising $20,000 to Supply Holiday Relief Kits for Farmworker Families in Salinas - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Dallas Announces End of Year Awards in Club's 25th MLS Season - FC Dallas
- Charlotte Football Club Names Nick Kelly President - Charlotte FC
- Rapids Sign Club's Two-Time Defender of the Year Lalas Abubakar to New Contract - Colorado Rapids
- FC Cincinnati Hire Meg Ryan as Chief Marketing Officer - FC Cincinnati
- Atlanta United Signs Four Players to Short-Term Agreements - Atlanta United FC
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl Canceled - FC Dallas
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Signs Academy Product Beni Redzic
- FC Dallas Returns to TXA 21 in 2021
- FC Dallas Signs Hungarian Winger Szabolcs Schon
- FC Dallas and Estrella Media Announce First-Ever Spanish-Language TV Broadcast Partnership
- FC Dallas and Legends Hospitality Announce 11 New Food Items for 2021 at Toyota Stadium