Marlies Return to Coca-Cola Coliseum for Rematch against Comets
The Marlies close out a three-in-three weekend today in a rematch against the Utica Comets.
In their first meeting of the season, the Comets edged the Marlies 4-3 to snap Toronto's seven-game winning streak. It was Toronto's first loss at home of the season (9-1-0-0). Kenny Agostino scored Toronto's second goal at 18:22 of the first period on the power play during yesterday's game. Agostino has 11 points (7 goals, 4 assists) in eight games and currently leads the team in goals (11).
With yesterday's win, the Comets improved to 13-7-1-0 and extended their win-streak to three games. Reid Boucher registered a goal in yesterday's contest and continues to lead the Comets in that department (15-8-23).
The Marlies were 8-3-0-1 in November and will be looking to carry that momentum into December and get a new streak started today.
Puck drops at 4:00 PM on Leafs Nation Network. Fans across Canada can also stream the game live in the Official Maple Leafs App.
Head to Head (2019-20 Regular Season)
14-3-2-1 Overall Record 13-7-1-0
0-1-0-0 Head To Head 1-0-0-0
0-1-0-0 Streak 3-0-0-0
75 Goals For 74
54 Goals Against 56
22.9% Power Play Percentage 22.5%
78.2% Penalty Kill Percentage 85.9%
K. Agostino (11) Leading Goal Scorer R. Boucher (15)
P. Aberg (23) Leading Points Scorer R. Boucher (23)
K. Kaskisuo (7) Wins Leader M. DiPietro (7)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 1, 2019
- Admirals Win 13th Consecutive Game - Milwaukee Admirals
- Bears Win in Overtime on Record Breaking Night - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Edge Stars 2-1 in Overtime Battle - Texas Stars
- Fogarty Helps Pack to Point in OT Setback - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Greg Moore Named Head Coach of Toronto Marlies - Toronto Marlies
- Hershey Bears 2019 Teddy Bear Toss Breaks World Record - Hershey Bears
- Sturm Leads Comeback Win for Iowa - San Antonio Rampage
- Wild Come from Behind in 3-2 Victory against San Antonio - Iowa Wild
- Comets Stalled by Late Surge from Marlies - Utica Comets
- P-Bruins Score Three in Second Period, Shut out Charlotte Checkers, 4-0 - Providence Bruins
- Checkers Shut out by Bruins 4-0 - Charlotte Checkers
- Flames Assign Alexander Yelesin to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Sens Release Parisi from PTO - Belleville Senators
- Marlies Return to Coca-Cola Coliseum for Rematch against Comets - Toronto Marlies
- Derrick Pouliot Assigned to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Red Wings Recall Ericsson, Assign Pickard - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Wolf Pack, 5 PM - Hershey Bears
- Malenstyn, Djoos Re-Assigned to Bears - Hershey Bears
- Bakersfield Takes out Reign, 3-1 - Ontario Reign
- Condors Bear Down in Front of Sellout Crowd, 3-1, on Teddy Bear Toss Night - Bakersfield Condors
- Three Out Of Four Ain't Bad - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls Swamp Tucson, 6-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Moose Outlast Wolves in OT - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.