Macon, Alexander Lead Skyforce Past Suns
SIOUX FALLS, SD - A swift start propelled the Sioux Falls Skyforce to snap a four-game skid on Friday, as they defeated the Northern Arizona Suns by a final score of 114-100 at the Sanford Pentagon.
Miami HEAT two-way player Daryl Macon (22 points, 7-12 FGA, 10 assists and eight rebounds) stuffed the stat sheet and eclipsed the 20-point mark for the sixth time this season and fifth in a row. The outburst is also Macon's first double-double of the year.
The Skyforce (4-6) opened the contest on a 25-4 run that lasted until the 4:14 mark of the first quarter. Sioux Falls was able to hold the Suns (2-5) to just 6-of-26 shooting and 3-of-12 from beyond the arc in the opening period.
Phoenix Suns two-way player Jared Harper (19 points and six assists) helped steer the Northern Arizona offense in the opposite direction in the second quarter. He added eight points in the second period alone and helped cut the Sioux Falls lead to 18-points at intermission.
Daxter Miles Jr. (20 points and five assists) spearheaded a 28-20 advantage in the third period and helped slash the Skyforce lead to just 10-points heading into the final quarter.
After a hot start to the fourth period led by Phoenix Suns assignee Jalen Lecque, who scored 11-of his-18 points in the last 12 minutes, Northern Arizona was able to cut the deficit to five-points at the 10:30 mark. Sioux Falls answered the bell, as they went on a 25-8 run for the next seven minutes. Jeremiah Martin (12 points) had nine points during the final period to close the door on the Suns.
Kyle Alexander posted a career-high 21 points and added 14 boards. It's the eighth time he's led the team in rebounding and his fifth double-double on the season.
Mychal Mulder (17 points, 5-11 3PA) and Davon Reed (16 points, six rebounds) both had nice bounce-back performances after being held to just 14-points combined against Texas on Wednesday.
The two Western Conference opponents will match up again tomorrow night, Saturday, at 7:00 PM CT at the Sanford Pentagon to complete this weekend's back-to-back set.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 29, 2019
- Austin Spurs Fall to South Bay Lakers 122-101 - Austin Spurs
- Legends Get the Final Say in Fort Wayne - Texas Legends
- Herd Collects Eighth Straight Victory, Beats Erie 133-115 - Wisconsin Herd
- South Bay Corrals Road Woes in Big Win over Austin - South Bay Lakers
- Macon, Alexander Lead Skyforce Past Suns - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- 905 Knock off Nets - Raptors 905
- Blue Coats Dominate Boards, Down Knicks by 17 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Blame the Turkey: Suns Can't Overcome Slow Start at Skyforce - Northern Arizona Suns
- Black Friday: Charge Fall in College Park - Canton Charge
- Texas Rallies on the Road to Defeat Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Early Second Half Momentum Gets Blue Coats by Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Swarm Beat Go-Go in First Game of Weekend Series - Capital City Go-Go
- Windy City Defeats Maine in Double Overtime, 118-117 - Windy City Bulls
- Kings Assign Wenyen Gabriel and Caleb Swanigan to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Yannis Morin - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Phoenix Suns Assign Ty Jerome to NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Erie BayHawks Complete Trade with Grand Rapids Drive - Erie BayHawks
- Hornets Assign Cody Martin to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Heat Statement on NBA G League Season
- Miami Heat Two-Way Player Gabe Vincent Named NBA G League Most Improved Player
- Skyforce Releases Statements Regarding G League Cancellation
- Skyforce Statement on NBA G League Suspension
- Jack Guides Force to Fourth-Straight Home Victory