Blame the Turkey: Suns Can't Overcome Slow Start at Skyforce
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. - Blame it on the turkey and the tryptophan.
The Northern Arizona Suns fell behind big early at the Sioux Falls Skyforce, and they couldn't complete their fourth quarter comeback attempt, losing at the Sanford Pentagon 114-100.
The Suns (2-5) trailed by 23 points in the first quarter on Black Friday, shooting 6-of-25 (.240) from the field while Sioux Falls shot 14-of-20 (.700), as the Skyforce took the frame 36-17. The rest of the game was more Suns than Skyforce, but the first quarter deficit was too large to overcome.
At halftime, the Skyforce led 59-41. The Suns made their move at the end of the third quarter, entering the fourth down 79-69. Over the first couple minutes of the fourth quarter, the Suns got within five points, the closest they had been since it was 7-2. That was the closest they would get.
Sioux Falls made 42-of-78 (.538) from the field in the game compared to Northern Arizona's 31-of-78 (.397) clip. Sioux Falls outrebounded NAZ 46-32 and outscored them in the paint 50-28.
Daxter Miles Jr. paced the Suns with 20 points on 8-of-15 shooting, to go with five assists, four rebounds and two steals. This was Miles' second 20+ point game in his last three games, his third over his last five. Over his last five games, Miles averaged 19.8 points.
Jared Harper finished with 19 points on 5-of-10 shooting, including 4-of-7 from distance, and six assists. Jalen Lecque notched 18 points, two rebounds and two assists. Aaron Epps (10 points, eight rebounds) and Anthony Lawrence II (10 points, seven rebounds, two steals) also scored in double figures.
Sioux Falls was led by Daryl Macon's 22 points on 7-of-12 shooting, to go with 10 assists, eight rebounds and three steals. Kyle Alexander was the other Skyforce player with 20+ points and a double-double, tallying 21 points on 9-of-12 shooting and 14 rebounds.
The Suns and Skyforce meet again tomorrow in Sioux Falls, with tip off slated for 6 p.m. MT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 29, 2019
- Austin Spurs Fall to South Bay Lakers 122-101 - Austin Spurs
- Legends Get the Final Say in Fort Wayne - Texas Legends
- Herd Collects Eighth Straight Victory, Beats Erie 133-115 - Wisconsin Herd
- South Bay Corrals Road Woes in Big Win over Austin - South Bay Lakers
- Macon, Alexander Lead Skyforce Past Suns - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- 905 Knock off Nets - Raptors 905
- Blue Coats Dominate Boards, Down Knicks by 17 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Blame the Turkey: Suns Can't Overcome Slow Start at Skyforce - Northern Arizona Suns
- Black Friday: Charge Fall in College Park - Canton Charge
- Texas Rallies on the Road to Defeat Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Early Second Half Momentum Gets Blue Coats by Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Swarm Beat Go-Go in First Game of Weekend Series - Capital City Go-Go
- Windy City Defeats Maine in Double Overtime, 118-117 - Windy City Bulls
- Kings Assign Wenyen Gabriel and Caleb Swanigan to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Yannis Morin - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Phoenix Suns Assign Ty Jerome to NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Erie BayHawks Complete Trade with Grand Rapids Drive - Erie BayHawks
- Hornets Assign Cody Martin to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.