Austin Spurs Fall to South Bay Lakers 122-101
CEDAR PARK, Texas - The Austin Spurs (4-5), presented by SWBC, -fell to the South Bay Lakers (4-3) by a final score of 122-101 on Friday night at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park.
Quinndary Weatherspoon led the Spurs in scoring finishing the game with 17 points (6-11 FG, 3-3 FT) in 26 minutes. San Antonio Spurs assignee Luka Å amaniÄ recorded his fourth double-double of the season with Austin, finishing with 10 points and 14 rebounds in 26 minutes, while Spurs assignee Keldon Johnson posted 15 points, 4 rebounds and one steal in 26 minutes of play.
The game was tightly contested through the first half as the lead was tied on three separate occasions and only changed once. With 3:22 left in the first half, Daulton Hommes hit a three-point shot to bring the Spurs within one point at 47-46, the closest the Spurs would get for the remainder of the game. The Lakers proceeded to finish the half on a 11-0 run, giving them a 58-46 lead, their largest lead in the first half.
The Lakers continued to hold a lead throughout the entire second half, going as high as 33 with 3:41 left in the fourth quarter.
For the Lakers, David Stockton led all scorers with 20 points (9-11 FG, 2-3 3FG) to go along with 7 assists in 30 minutes. Devontae Cacok posted a near double-double coming off the bench as he finished with 18 points, 8 rebounds and 3 steals in 23 minutes.
The Austin Spurs hit the road next Wednesday to take on the Texas Legends on Dec. 4 at 7 p.m. For tickets or the full season schedule, visit austinspurs.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 29, 2019
- Austin Spurs Fall to South Bay Lakers 122-101 - Austin Spurs
- Legends Get the Final Say in Fort Wayne - Texas Legends
- Herd Collects Eighth Straight Victory, Beats Erie 133-115 - Wisconsin Herd
- South Bay Corrals Road Woes in Big Win over Austin - South Bay Lakers
- Macon, Alexander Lead Skyforce Past Suns - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- 905 Knock off Nets - Raptors 905
- Blue Coats Dominate Boards, Down Knicks by 17 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Blame the Turkey: Suns Can't Overcome Slow Start at Skyforce - Northern Arizona Suns
- Black Friday: Charge Fall in College Park - Canton Charge
- Texas Rallies on the Road to Defeat Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Early Second Half Momentum Gets Blue Coats by Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Swarm Beat Go-Go in First Game of Weekend Series - Capital City Go-Go
- Windy City Defeats Maine in Double Overtime, 118-117 - Windy City Bulls
- Kings Assign Wenyen Gabriel and Caleb Swanigan to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Yannis Morin - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Phoenix Suns Assign Ty Jerome to NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Erie BayHawks Complete Trade with Grand Rapids Drive - Erie BayHawks
- Hornets Assign Cody Martin to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- Austin Spurs Select Jonathan Kasibabu, Anthony Mathis and Kaleb Johnson in 2021 NBA G League Draft
- Statement from San Antonio Spurs General Manager Brian Wright
- Spurs Announce Basketball Operations Staff Additions & Promotions
- Austin Spurs Head Coach Matthew Nielsen Appointed as Australian Boomers Head Assistant Coach
- Spurs Announce 2020-21 Training Camp Roster