Blue Coats Dominate Boards, Down Knicks by 17
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats (4-4), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, defeated the Westchester Knicks (2-7), 110-93, on Friday night at 76ers Fieldhouse. Doral Moore (12 rebounds), Christ Koumadje (11 rebounds) and Julian Washburn (11 rebounds) each corralled double-digit rebounds for the Blue Coats in the victory.
Five Blue Coats players scored in double figures, led by Xavier Munford, who added 17 of his game-high 21 points (9-15 fg, 2-2 ft) in the second half. Shake Milton, on assignment from the 76ers, posted 18 points (6-13 fg, 2-3 3fg, 2-2 ft), four rebounds and an assist in 19 minutes off the bench for Delaware. Fellow 76ers assignment player Jonah Bolden was a game-high plus-23 and recorded 12 points (4-14 fg, 2-8 3fg, 1-1 ft), eight rebounds and four assists in 29 minutes of action, while Moore added 12 points (6-8 fg) to his 12 rebounds for his first double-double of the season.
As a team, the Blue Coats outrebounded Westchester 58-40 in the contest. Delaware has now totaled 55 rebounds or more in four games this season, after doing so seven times last season.
Six Knicks, including four reserves, reached double figures scoring in the loss. Philadelphia native Amir Hinton posted a team-high 15 points (4-10 fg, 2-6 3fg, 4-5 ft) with six rebounds and four assists in 23 minutes off the bench for the visitors. Kenny Wooten blocked five shots for the second consecutive game and finished with 14 points (5-6 fg, 2-2 ft), five rebounds and two steals in 25 minutes as a reserve. New York Knicks two-way contract player Ivan Rabb started and added a double-double with 10 points (4-12 fg, 1-3 ft) and 12 rebounds in 25 minutes of work.
The Blue Coats will now travel to the Sunshine State to face the Lakeland Magic on Sunday at 3 p.m. ET. The team returns home on Tuesday night for 7 p.m. ET tip-off with the Raptors 905.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 29, 2019
- Austin Spurs Fall to South Bay Lakers 122-101 - Austin Spurs
- Legends Get the Final Say in Fort Wayne - Texas Legends
- Herd Collects Eighth Straight Victory, Beats Erie 133-115 - Wisconsin Herd
- South Bay Corrals Road Woes in Big Win over Austin - South Bay Lakers
- Macon, Alexander Lead Skyforce Past Suns - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- 905 Knock off Nets - Raptors 905
- Blue Coats Dominate Boards, Down Knicks by 17 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Blame the Turkey: Suns Can't Overcome Slow Start at Skyforce - Northern Arizona Suns
- Black Friday: Charge Fall in College Park - Canton Charge
- Texas Rallies on the Road to Defeat Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Early Second Half Momentum Gets Blue Coats by Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Swarm Beat Go-Go in First Game of Weekend Series - Capital City Go-Go
- Windy City Defeats Maine in Double Overtime, 118-117 - Windy City Bulls
- Kings Assign Wenyen Gabriel and Caleb Swanigan to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Yannis Morin - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Phoenix Suns Assign Ty Jerome to NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Erie BayHawks Complete Trade with Grand Rapids Drive - Erie BayHawks
- Hornets Assign Cody Martin to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Delaware Blue Coats Announce 2021 Roster
- Delaware Blue Coats Select Jemerrio Jones and Braxton Key in 2021 NBA G League Draft
- Delaware Blue Coats to Participate in 2021 NBA G League Season
- Blue Coats Assistant GM Jameer Nelson Provides Gifts to Nine Local Families
- Blue Coats Broadcast Academy Powered by Rowan Radio Set to Hit Airwaves