Erie BayHawks Complete Trade with Grand Rapids Drive
ERIE, PA -Â The Erie BayHawks, NBA G League affiliate of the New Orleans Pelicans, have completed a trade with the Grand Rapids Drive, the team announced today. Erie has traded the returning player rights to Taylor Braun, in exchange for the returning player rights to Bronson Koenig.
Koenig (6-3, 194) most recently played in the Adriatic League and Puerto Rican BSN for KK Mornar and Vaqueros de Bayamon, respectively. In 18 total games (10 starts) for Mornar, he averaged 12.2 points, 2.4 assists and 2.1 rebounds in 23.6 minutes. The La Crosse, Wis. native last appeared with Grand Rapids during the 2017-18 season, posting averages of 9.8 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 21.2 minutes. Koenig helped lead the Drive to an appearance in the 2018 NBA G League Playoffs, in which they fell to the eventual 2018 G League Champions, the Raptors 905.
A four-year guard for the University of Wisconsin, Koenig played in 148 games (94 starts) for the Badgers. He earned 2017 All-Big Ten Second Team honors during his senior year, averaging a career-high 14.5 points, 2.1 rebounds and 2.0 assists in 31.4 minutes.
Braun (6-7, 210) currently plays overseas for the Brisbane Bullets of the Australian NBL. In 13 games (11 starts) for Brisbane, he is averaging 8.1 points, 3.9 rebounds and 3.1 assists in 26.6 minutes. A former North Dakota State Bison (2010-2014), Braun earned Summit League Player of the Year and Summit League All-First Team during his senior season in 2014. He is the only player in North Dakota State history to rank in the top 15 in points, rebounds and assists.
The Erie BayHawks are set to play the Grand Rapids Drive tonight at 7 p.m. at the DeltaPlex Arena. Following tonight's contest, the BayHawks will travel to Oshkosh to face the Wisconsin Herd, concluding a three-game road trip.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 29, 2019
- Austin Spurs Fall to South Bay Lakers 122-101 - Austin Spurs
- Legends Get the Final Say in Fort Wayne - Texas Legends
- Herd Collects Eighth Straight Victory, Beats Erie 133-115 - Wisconsin Herd
- South Bay Corrals Road Woes in Big Win over Austin - South Bay Lakers
- Macon, Alexander Lead Skyforce Past Suns - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- 905 Knock off Nets - Raptors 905
- Blue Coats Dominate Boards, Down Knicks by 17 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Blame the Turkey: Suns Can't Overcome Slow Start at Skyforce - Northern Arizona Suns
- Black Friday: Charge Fall in College Park - Canton Charge
- Texas Rallies on the Road to Defeat Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Early Second Half Momentum Gets Blue Coats by Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Swarm Beat Go-Go in First Game of Weekend Series - Capital City Go-Go
- Windy City Defeats Maine in Double Overtime, 118-117 - Windy City Bulls
- Kings Assign Wenyen Gabriel and Caleb Swanigan to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Yannis Morin - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Phoenix Suns Assign Ty Jerome to NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Erie BayHawks Complete Trade with Grand Rapids Drive - Erie BayHawks
- Hornets Assign Cody Martin to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Erie BayHawks Stories
- Erie BayHawks Announce 2021 Roster
- BayHawks Acquire Rights to Jarrod Uthoff
- NBA G League Season to Take Place at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort
- BayHawks Launch Project: Fit Virtual Clinics
- BayHawks Kabasele to Have Season Ending Surgery