Black Friday: Charge Fall in College Park
COLLEGE PARK, GA - The Canton Charge (6-3), powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, dropped their second consecutive game in a 128-98 defeat to the College Park Skyhawks (4-4) at the Gateway Center Arena on Friday night.
Coming into the game 26th in the League as a team in three-point shooting (30.5%), the Skyhawks unloaded from behind the arc to hit 19-of-38 attempts tonight (50%). College Park shared the ball for 33 assists on 48 makes, including 19 dimes on 25 buckets in the first half. The Skyhawks led by as many as 38 en route to handing the Charge their worst defeat of this young season.
Sir'Dominic Pointer led Canton with 17 points on 6-of-8 from the floor with four steals and two blocks in 24 minutes off the bench. Malik Newman scored 14 points with six rebounds in 27 minutes. Levi Randolph and J.P. Macura each added 12 points for the Charge. Canton was outscored in the paint by College Park, 52-32.
The Skyhawks were led by six players in double figures, including Charlie Brown's game-high 20 points with five rebounds and two steals in 28 minutes. Brandon Goodwin offered a double-double of 13 points and 12 assists in 26 minutes. Cat Barber came off the bench to supply 15 points and five assists in 22 minutes. Jordan Sibert scored 19 points (4-8 3PA) while Marcus Derrickson netted 17 (3-3 3PA) for College Park.
The two teams will meet again to wrap up Canton's road trip tomorrow, November 30th at 6:30 p.m. Canton is back home for an OH Lottery WINSday this Thursday, December 5th at 7:00 p.m. For Charge Nation Memberships, group outings, game day promotions and up-to-date information, head to www.CantonCharge.com. or call 866-444-1944. The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, who play their games at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in downtown Cleveland.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 29, 2019
- Austin Spurs Fall to South Bay Lakers 122-101 - Austin Spurs
- Legends Get the Final Say in Fort Wayne - Texas Legends
- Herd Collects Eighth Straight Victory, Beats Erie 133-115 - Wisconsin Herd
- South Bay Corrals Road Woes in Big Win over Austin - South Bay Lakers
- Macon, Alexander Lead Skyforce Past Suns - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- 905 Knock off Nets - Raptors 905
- Blue Coats Dominate Boards, Down Knicks by 17 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Blame the Turkey: Suns Can't Overcome Slow Start at Skyforce - Northern Arizona Suns
- Black Friday: Charge Fall in College Park - Canton Charge
- Texas Rallies on the Road to Defeat Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Early Second Half Momentum Gets Blue Coats by Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Swarm Beat Go-Go in First Game of Weekend Series - Capital City Go-Go
- Windy City Defeats Maine in Double Overtime, 118-117 - Windy City Bulls
- Kings Assign Wenyen Gabriel and Caleb Swanigan to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Yannis Morin - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Phoenix Suns Assign Ty Jerome to NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Erie BayHawks Complete Trade with Grand Rapids Drive - Erie BayHawks
- Hornets Assign Cody Martin to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Canton Charge Stories
- Canton Charge Statement on 2020-21 NBA G League Season
- Cavaliers Waive Three Players, Convert Marques Bolden to Two-Way Contract and Sign Norvel Pelle
- Three Charge Alums Added to Cavaliers Training Camp Roster
- Cavaliers Sign Lamar Stevens to Two-Way Contract
- Cavs, Monsters & Charge Announce Multi-Year Extension of Radio Broadcast Agreement