Early Second Half Momentum Gets Blue Coats by Knicks
WILMINGTON, DE - The Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, kept within close grips of the Delaware Blue Coats but an early third quarter surge became too much for the Knicks to combat as they fell, 110-93, Friday evening at 76ers Fieldhouse.
Kadeem Allen raised for a rejection on the game's first possession, the first of eight for Westchester (2-7). Delaware (4-4) would find an alternative scoring option and netted another basket after interrupting a Knicks possession to take an early 4-0 lead 32 ticks into the game. A dunk from Ivan Rabb and a scoop to the cup for Allen would deadlock scoring at the 9:50 mark.
Three minutes elapsed and both teams kept it close until the Blue Coats emitted an 18-7 run, 22-11, with about three minutes before the onset concluded. Westchester would trim its deficit to six heading into the second, 26-20.
Amir Hinton, Andrew White III and Lamar Peters each swished a trey within the second quarter's first five minutes which vastly contrasted the previous quarter. To start the game, the Knicks, who entered tonight as the league's second-best perimeter shooting team (40.0%) went just 1-for-8 (12.8%). After tying things up for a second time in the window, 36-up at 7:55, both teams remained in striking distance at the intermission with Westchester carrying just a five-point deficit to the locker room.
Out of the break, the Blue Coats caught heat knocking in a pair of triples and ultimately crediting a 12-point lead, 60-48, less than two minutes into the third. The Knicks were able to climb back within single digits capped by a 13-footer from White III at 7:27 bringing the score to 65-57. However, Xavier Munford's take to the hole would not only put Westchester back down by double-digits but would mark the closest the Knicks would come within the Blue Coats for the duration of the contest.
Hinton had a solid night leading six Knicks in double-figures (15 points), six rebounds, four assists, one steal, two three-pointers and not a single turnover in almost 24 minutes off the bench. Rabb earned his second double-double of the season made up of 10 points and 12 boards. Kenny Wooten scored 14 points and elevated for five swats, his fourth game with at least that much.
For Delaware, Munford posted 21 points on 60-percent shooting. Doral Moore tallied 12 points and 12 rebounds for his double-double.
The Knicks see some time off before returning to action Wednesday, December 4 vs. the Santa Cruz Warriors at the Westchester County Center. Tip-off is slated for 7 PM ET.
For information on Knicks' season ticket packages, fans may visit www.WestchesterKnicks.com or contact the sales office at (914) 559-6889 or at email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 29, 2019
- Austin Spurs Fall to South Bay Lakers 122-101 - Austin Spurs
- Legends Get the Final Say in Fort Wayne - Texas Legends
- Herd Collects Eighth Straight Victory, Beats Erie 133-115 - Wisconsin Herd
- South Bay Corrals Road Woes in Big Win over Austin - South Bay Lakers
- Macon, Alexander Lead Skyforce Past Suns - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- 905 Knock off Nets - Raptors 905
- Blue Coats Dominate Boards, Down Knicks by 17 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Blame the Turkey: Suns Can't Overcome Slow Start at Skyforce - Northern Arizona Suns
- Black Friday: Charge Fall in College Park - Canton Charge
- Texas Rallies on the Road to Defeat Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Early Second Half Momentum Gets Blue Coats by Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Swarm Beat Go-Go in First Game of Weekend Series - Capital City Go-Go
- Windy City Defeats Maine in Double Overtime, 118-117 - Windy City Bulls
- Kings Assign Wenyen Gabriel and Caleb Swanigan to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Yannis Morin - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Phoenix Suns Assign Ty Jerome to NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Erie BayHawks Complete Trade with Grand Rapids Drive - Erie BayHawks
- Hornets Assign Cody Martin to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.