Texas Rallies on the Road to Defeat Fort Wayne
Fort Wayne, Ind. - The Texas Legends defeated the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, 108-105, on Friday night at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum.
Texas guard Dakota Mathias knocked down two pivotal 3-point shots in the final two minutes for the Legends, who trailed by as many as 18 on Friday night. Mathias notched nine of his 23 points in the final quarter.
After Walt Lemon, Jr. cut the deficit down to one point with six seconds left, Dallas Mavericks two-way guard Josh Reaves heaved an inbounds pass down court to Brandon Fields who converted on a layup to push the lead to three.
Aric Holman led Texas (6-3) with 24 points to go along with six rebounds off the bench. Legends guard Nate Mason added in 19 points and 10 rebounds in 35 minutes of action.
Fort Wayne (1-8) was guided by a 15-point, 10-rebound and 10-assist triple-double effort from Indiana Pacers two-way guard Naz Mitrou-Long, who missed the last two games due to an illness. It was the sixth triple-double by a Mad Ants player in franchise history.
The other two-way presence, Brian Bowen II, set a career-high with 21 points and tied a season best with 10 rebounds.
Lemon, Jr. came off the bench to finish with 28 points, four rebounds and three assists. He moved into third in franchise history in assists and is now behind only Walker Russell (1,107) and Ron Howard (758).
In search of a fifth-consecutive win, Texas finishes up its eastern conference trip tomorrow night at Grand Rapids.
Fort Wayne returns home on Monday to face the Rio Grande Valley Vipers at 7 p.m. at the Coliseum for another "Money Monday", presented by 3Rivers Federal Credit Union.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 29, 2019
- Austin Spurs Fall to South Bay Lakers 122-101 - Austin Spurs
- Legends Get the Final Say in Fort Wayne - Texas Legends
- Herd Collects Eighth Straight Victory, Beats Erie 133-115 - Wisconsin Herd
- South Bay Corrals Road Woes in Big Win over Austin - South Bay Lakers
- Macon, Alexander Lead Skyforce Past Suns - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- 905 Knock off Nets - Raptors 905
- Blue Coats Dominate Boards, Down Knicks by 17 - Delaware Blue Coats
- Blame the Turkey: Suns Can't Overcome Slow Start at Skyforce - Northern Arizona Suns
- Black Friday: Charge Fall in College Park - Canton Charge
- Texas Rallies on the Road to Defeat Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Early Second Half Momentum Gets Blue Coats by Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Swarm Beat Go-Go in First Game of Weekend Series - Capital City Go-Go
- Windy City Defeats Maine in Double Overtime, 118-117 - Windy City Bulls
- Kings Assign Wenyen Gabriel and Caleb Swanigan to Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Yannis Morin - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Phoenix Suns Assign Ty Jerome to NAZ Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Erie BayHawks Complete Trade with Grand Rapids Drive - Erie BayHawks
- Hornets Assign Cody Martin to Greensboro Swarm - Greensboro Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2021 Roster Released
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants Announce Tom Hankins as Head Coach
- Pacers Sports & Entertainment Concludes Statewide Toy Drive with Stops in Evansville and Fort Wayne
- Mad Ants' Tim Bawmann to be Inducted into Futures League Hall of Fame
- Mad Ants and NBA G League Update Regarding Ticketing