Jimmy Nelson Scheduled for Rehabilitation Assignment with the Timber Rattlers on Sunday
GRAND CHUTE, WI - The Milwaukee Brewers have announced that pitcher Jimmy Nelson will make a relief appearance for the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers on Sunday, July 21 as part of a minor league rehabilitation assignment. The Timber Rattlers host the West Michigan Whitecaps on Sunday at Neuroscience Group Field at Fox Cities Stadium with the game scheduled to start at 1:05pm.
Nelson was placed on Milwaukee's ten-day injured list on June 28 with a right elbow effusion. He had missed all of 2018 after an injury to his right shoulder in 2017. Nelson returned to the Brewers on June 5, 2019 and was 0-2 with 14 walks and 15 strikeouts over four games - three starts - before going on the IL.
Nelson pitched for the Rattlers in 2011 and was 8-9 with a 4.38 ERA in 26 games - 25 starts. Nelson struck out 120 Midwest League batters in 146 innings pitched with Wisconsin during 2011.
Sunday is a Brewers Sunday presented by Rasmussen College and STAR 98.5 at Neuroscience Group Field at Fox Cities Stadium. Players and coaches will wear Brewers-themed Timber Rattlers jerseys for the game. Plus, the first 1,000 fans to attend this game receive a Corbin Burnes bobblehead courtesy of Valley Vision Clinic of Neenah.
Fans may play catch on the field from noon until 12:30 before Sunday's game, meet with PBS Kids' star Curious George throughout the afternoon, and stick around for a postgame autograph session with the players sponsored by Tundraland, too.
Tickets for Sunday's game are available online, over the phone at (920) 733-4152 or (800) WI-TIMBER and in person at the Neuroscience Group Field at Fox Cities Stadium. The stadium box office is open until 5:00 pm today and from 10:00am to 3:00pm on Saturday.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 19, 2019
- Walk this Way: Six-Run Eighth Propels Captains - Lake County Captains
- Chiefs Ruin Christmas in July In Fort Wayne - Peoria Chiefs
- Captains Walk Past Kernels to Avoid Sweep - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Atomic Pork Chops Drop Close Call - Kane County Cougars
- Vance's Walk-Off Propels Snappers to 3-2 Victory - Beloit Snappers
- Bees Seize Rubber Match, 7-2 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dayton Takes Series over Bandits with 7-1 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- TinCaps Find a Lump of Coal in Their Stocking on Christmas in July Night - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Soriano Shines in LumberKings Series Winner - Clinton LumberKings
- Hernandez Homers, Warren Shines in Dragons 7-1 Win - Dayton Dragons
- Pepiot, Ochsenbein Shine in Loss - Great Lakes Loons
- Kirwer Rejoins Lugnuts, Pruitt to IL - Lansing Lugnuts
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Kody Funderburk activated from 7-day Injured List - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 19 vs. Peoria (Game 95) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Jimmy Nelson Scheduled for Rehabilitation Assignment with the Timber Rattlers on Sunday - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- 'Caps Power Course to Victory - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Fort Wayne Gets the Show, and the Greatest Comeback in TinCaps History - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Stories
- Promotions Announced for Front Offices of Wisconsin Timber Rattlers and Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- River Bandits Beat Rattlers in Season Finale
- Early Lead Is Enough For Rattlers Win at Quad Cities
- Wisconsin Edges Quad Cities 4-3
- Wisconsinâ??s Home Season Ends with a Close Loss to Kane County