Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Friday
Friday, July 19, 2019 l Game # 27 (97)
Modern Woodmen Park l Davenport, Iowa l 7:35 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (12-14, 40-56) at Quad Cities River Bandits (15-10, 58-33)
RH Adrian Rodriguez (4-2, 4.58) vs. RH Jose Bravo (1-2, 3.78)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Quad Cities River Bandits (affiliate of the Houston Astros) in the rubber match of a three-game series.
Last Game: Thursday: Dayton 8, Quad Cities 5. Michael Siani had three hits and drove in five runs, the highest RBI total in a game for a Dayton player this season, to lead a 10-hit attack. The Dragons went 5 for 11 with men in scoring position including two two-run triples. Brian Rey and Randy Ventura each had two hits. On the mound, relievers Carlos Machorro (W) and Matt Pidich (Sv) combined to retire all 17 batters faced.
The Dragons have won four of their last five games. They have scored at least eight runs in three of their last four games.
Dragons relievers have allowed five earned runs in 37.2 innings (1.19 ERA) in the last eight games.
Dragons hitters have the fewest strikeouts in the MWL in the month of July with 111 in 16 games, 10 fewer than anyone else.
Pabel Manzanero is batting .368 (21 for 57) over his last 14 games. In the Second Half, Manzanero leads the league in extra base hits (16) and is tied for 1st in doubles (11), tied for 5th in RBI (17), tied for 3rd in hits (32), and tied for 4th in home runs (4). He ranks 3rd in slugging percentage (.570), 8th in OPS (.903), and 10th in batting average (.320).
Michael Siani is batting .425 (17-40) with six stolen bases over his last 11 games. He has a six-game hitting streak, going 13 for 26 (.500). Siani's .367 batting average in July ranks third in the MWL.
Since May 24, Siani has played in 43 games and is batting .319 (53 for 166) with 19 stolen bases in 22 tries. Since May 24, he ranks first in the MWL in runs scored, tied for first in hits, third in batting average, and first in stolen bases.
Claudio Finol has an eight-game hitting streak, batting .344 (11 for 32).
Matt Pidich over his last 18 games: 1.09 ERA, 33 IP, 19 H, 9 R, 4 ER, 10 BB, 32 SO.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Saturday, July 20 (7:30 p.m.): Dayton LH Andy Fisher (no record) at Kane County RH Jackson Goddard (5-3, 2.76)
Sunday, July 21 (2:00 p.m.): Dayton RH Eduardo Salazar (4-1, 4.23) at Kane County RH Matt Tabor (4-2, 2.31)
Monday, July 22 (1:00 p.m.): Dayton RH Jhon De Jesus (2-9, 5.20) at Kane County RH Levi Kelly (4-0 2.24)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 19, 2019
- Walk this Way: Six-Run Eighth Propels Captains - Lake County Captains
- Chiefs Ruin Christmas in July In Fort Wayne - Peoria Chiefs
- Captains Walk Past Kernels to Avoid Sweep - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Atomic Pork Chops Drop Close Call - Kane County Cougars
- Vance's Walk-Off Propels Snappers to 3-2 Victory - Beloit Snappers
- Bees Seize Rubber Match, 7-2 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dayton Takes Series over Bandits with 7-1 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- TinCaps Find a Lump of Coal in Their Stocking on Christmas in July Night - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Soriano Shines in LumberKings Series Winner - Clinton LumberKings
- Hernandez Homers, Warren Shines in Dragons 7-1 Win - Dayton Dragons
- Pepiot, Ochsenbein Shine in Loss - Great Lakes Loons
- Kirwer Rejoins Lugnuts, Pruitt to IL - Lansing Lugnuts
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Kody Funderburk activated from 7-day Injured List - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 19 vs. Peoria (Game 95) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Jimmy Nelson Scheduled for Rehabilitation Assignment with the Timber Rattlers on Sunday - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- 'Caps Power Course to Victory - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Fort Wayne Gets the Show, and the Greatest Comeback in TinCaps History - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Registration Underway for Dragons 5K
- CareSource Continues Partnership with Dayton Dragons to Salute Area Veterans
- Dragons Announce Stadium Naming Rights Agreement with Day Air Credit Union
- Registration Begins Today for Dragons National Anthem Tryouts
- Dayton Dragons 2019 Organizational Year in Review