Vance's Walk-Off Propels Snappers to 3-2 Victory
BELOIT, WI - It was a pitcher's duel with fireworks at the end tonight, literally, as Beloit walked off the West Michigan Whitecaps to win by a final score of 3-2. Beloit led this game all the way until the ninth, but needed one more inning to put the final touches on this one winning in ten innings this evening.
Beloit got the fireworks started tonight with a longshot in the second inning of the game. With Nick Osborne leading off, he would destroy a ball off the scoreboard to give the Snappers the 1-0 lead and early advantage in the ballgame.
The scoring would not stop there, as Cobie Vance doubled to open up the half. One batter later, Devin Foyle walked to put runners on first and second with no outs in the inning. After Vance advanced to third on a flyout, Logan Farrar ripped a ground ball that knocked in Vance and gave the Snappers the 2-0 lead.
The lead would hold until the ninth inning for Beloit, as West Michigan would scratch one run across in the ninth to even the game at two apiece. Then, Beloit would fail to score in the bottom half sending this game into extras for a little free baseball.
In the tenth, Angello Infante would continue his strong day on the mound pitching around a tough situation with runners on first and second with one out. However, Infante would bear down and get two straight flyouts to escape danger and keep the score tied.
In the Snappers half of the inning and a runner on second with no outs, Joseph Pena would advance to third after a passed ball. Moments later, Cobie Vance would hit a single into centerfield, as the Snappers walked off the Whitecaps 3-2 to secure the victory.
For the Snappers on the mound, Chase Cohen would get the start and was absolutely masterful throwing 5 scoreless innings tonight. Cohen would leave the game with the lead after giving up just 3 hits and punching out four.
Infante would follow Cohen and surrender just two runs in five innings of work. Infante is credited with the win on the night after punching out three and giving up just four hits.
Beloit will be back in action tomorrow when they open up their next three game series at home against the South Bend Cubs. First pitch for tomorrow's contest is scheduled for 6:30 P.M.
The Beloit Snappers are a member of the Midwest League and have been the Single-A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics. For more ticket information, contact the Snappers office at (608) 362- 2272 or visit our website, www.snappersbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from July 19, 2019
- Walk this Way: Six-Run Eighth Propels Captains - Lake County Captains
- Chiefs Ruin Christmas in July In Fort Wayne - Peoria Chiefs
- Captains Walk Past Kernels to Avoid Sweep - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Atomic Pork Chops Drop Close Call - Kane County Cougars
- Vance's Walk-Off Propels Snappers to 3-2 Victory - Beloit Snappers
- Bees Seize Rubber Match, 7-2 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dayton Takes Series over Bandits with 7-1 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- TinCaps Find a Lump of Coal in Their Stocking on Christmas in July Night - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Soriano Shines in LumberKings Series Winner - Clinton LumberKings
- Hernandez Homers, Warren Shines in Dragons 7-1 Win - Dayton Dragons
- Pepiot, Ochsenbein Shine in Loss - Great Lakes Loons
- Kirwer Rejoins Lugnuts, Pruitt to IL - Lansing Lugnuts
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Kody Funderburk activated from 7-day Injured List - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Game Notes: July 19 vs. Peoria (Game 95) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Jimmy Nelson Scheduled for Rehabilitation Assignment with the Timber Rattlers on Sunday - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- 'Caps Power Course to Victory - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Fort Wayne Gets the Show, and the Greatest Comeback in TinCaps History - Fort Wayne TinCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.